Chapter E i g h t e e n

"Where do you guys want to go?" Nick asked politely. Honestly, I feel that we've been driving around forever in an uncomfortable, awkward silence. 

"We've been in this car for almost half an hour and you just now ask us!?" Sasha yelled, throwing her hands everywhere. I rolled my eyes and tried my best to stiffle a laugh. Truth is, we've been driving around for a total of five minutes, give or take. I guess I wasn't very good at stifiling a laugh since I felt my car seat being kicked. 

"Can we go to my house so I can get changed real quick?" I say, immediately regretting those words. I mentally cursed myself for not remembering that my clothes were at Luke's house. 

"I mean, if that's okay with Luke" I add on. Nick raises his eyebrows at me and I just shurg my shoulders in response. I turn to look at Luke who looks. . . happy? Why would he be happy?

"Yeah, I mean it is your house too" I have to stop rolling my eyes from his words, at least I have a 'house'.

-

Once we arrived back to Luke's house I got out of the car and went straight inside, Nick following behind me. I went upstairs and into the guest room picking out a couple outfit choices. 

"I could wait outside?" Nick suggested, slowly backing away. I shook my head and told him, "Just close the door and turn around, it doesn't bother me."

I am getting way too comfortable with Nick. 

Nick followed my request and closed the door, going over to sit on my bed. 

"Where are we going to eat?" I asked him, stopping myself from flinching a that horrible word. 

"Let's go to a restaurant two blocks away, it's a really nice place. If you're wondering, dress casual." He said scrolling through his phone. I nodded even though he couldn't see me and kept looking through my bags.

I ended up chossing a regular white t-shirt with a grey thin sweater and a blue scarf. I put on some loose blue jeans and grey boots that matched my sweater. This is probably more comfy than casual.

"Alright, how do I look?" I ask Nick, walking out of the closet. Nick looks up at me, staring at me with a blank face. 

This shirt's probably too tight, I bet it shows my love handles. 

He's signaling me with his eyes to take off the shirt. 

Why can't I be skinny?

"You look amazing!" No I don't. 

"Thanks," I said, forcing a smile onto my face. I thought guy friends were suppose to be cool, tell you the truth and all. Unlike girls who tell you what you wanna hear, they don't wanna hurt your feelings but that saddens me more than telling the truth. 

"Lets go" I say, walking over to the door. I feel someone, which is most likely Nick, pull me back and spin me around. 

"What?" I snapped. Okay, way too forceful. I sighed and shook my head, "Sorry, I didn't intend to sound mad"

"What's wrong?" He asked me. I hate these questions, mostly because I don't know 'what's wrong'. Everything seems to be OK but something's missing. 

"I don't know" I say quietly, looking anywhere but his eyes. Eye contact is horrible, dontcha think? 

"What? What does that mean?"

"It means I dont know," I say unwrappping his fingers from my wrist. "Now lets go!" 

He eyed me suspiciously and intertwined our fingers together. My eyes widened as I looked back and forth from my hand back to Nick.

"Wh-what are you doing?" I breathed out. 

"I mean, I am your man" He teased. I looked away and dragged him out of the room. Once we reached the front door, we both noticed Luke and Sasha sitting outside. Luke looked calm and again, happy. While Sasha looked like she was ready to rip out her own hair and that's a lot of hair.

"What do you think happened while we were gone?" I whispered. 

"Maybe she's just mad since she's waiting?" Makes sense. 

"Let's go, boyfriend" I said confidently. I saw Nick smiling down at me, his pearly whites showing. 

"After you, girlfriend" He said, just as confident. I laughed at his dorkiness, or really our dorkiness and kept walking. 

"Alright, lets go" Nick said walking ahead of me. I let go of his hand and motioned the beast and Luke to follow us. 

"Where. Are. We. Going?" Sasha snapped once we were inside of the car. I looked back at her, smiling the fakest smile I have ever pulled off and said, "A restaurant about two blocks away" 

She rolled her eyes and put her hand on Luke's thigh, rubbing it up and down seuctively. I narrowed my eyes at her and I'm sure Nick noticed. 

"No sex in my car!" Nick said, causing Sasha to burn in embarrasment. I turned back around and smiled widely. 

We arrived in less than five minutes and were immediately seated at a table far in the back. I sat down next to Nick, ordering a water with a salad. 

While picking at my food and zoneing in out of the conversations that were going on around me I kept reminding myself something I wrote when I was a freshman.

Once upon a time, there was girl who wanted to be pretty. 

She starved herself, made herself throw. up, cut herself  

and cried herself to sleep everynight. 

She prayed and prayed hoping that it would get better,

but it never did. 

This girl had no happy ending. 

This girl was me. 

Please don't tell me I jinxed myself. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY GUYS! I decided to split this into two seperate chapters, the next one will be emotional (in my opinion) 

The quote up there was something my sister had printed out in and stuck on her wall so that's where i took it from, creds to whoever made it :)

There's gonna be THREE links down in the comments on, Lucy's outfit, how Luke looks, and how Sasha looks. 

Love you all, stay safe xx