Chapter Eight

HEY! IF YOU'RE READING THIS, THEN YOU PROBABLY HAVENT READ MY NOTE. IF THE CHAPTER IS SPACED OUT LIKE

EX: Chapter O n e

IT HASN'T BEEN EDITTED! IF IT'S REGULAR, THEN IT HAS!!!!! SO IF THE NEXT CHAP IS SPACED OUT, DONT READ IT LOL

-

After a moment of slience, Nick said, "Let's getcha home." I nodded and unwrapped my hands from around him.

We both turned and started walking to the direction to of my house. During the walk, it was silent, not an awkward silence, but a comfortable one. The only sound really heard were of the cars passing by and the crunchy noise of when we stepped on old leafs.

-

Once we arrived at my house, I noticed how dark it had gotten. Without the streetlights it would probably be pitch black. I turned around and saw Nick was already walking home.

"Wait!" I shouted, catching his attention. He turned around and raised an eyebrow at my actions. 

"Uh, Well, I was thinking that I could drive you home! Seeing as it's dark and all.. Just come back and wait on the porch!" I yelled again. He paused for a bit before nodding and walking back. I turned around and unlocked the front door. I turned on the porch light before walking into the living room to see Finn watching The Walking Dead. 

"Where were you?" He asked me, not taking his eyes off the tv. I grabbed my keys and raised an eyebrow at him.

"With Nick..." I said slowly. I'm confused by the fact that he randomly asked me this, he never does this. Unless I come home really late, which doesn't happen much anymore. It's kinda weird being treated as a child seeing that I'm not one.

"Luke told me earlier that you were out with a stranger." He informed, looking up from tv and towards me.

"Oh my gosh.." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes with my hands.

"Look, I'm just saying it's not safe being with someone you just met." He told me.

"Since when were you the boss of me?" I snapped at him.

"I'm not saying I am! I'm just saying that it's dangerous being with someone you seriously just met on the street!" He snapped. I stepped back a little, suprised by his tone of voice. Luke must've told him something else because he shouldn't be this upset. 

"And where are you going now?" He continues, not giving me a chance to answer.

"To drive Nick home. It's late and he shouldn't be walking around." I said, walking away from him.

"I'm coming with you," He told me, grabbing his hoodie and his phone. 

I huffed in frustration but let him come anyway. It would only cause more drama if I tried to make him stay. I walked outside with Finn hot on my heels. I saw Nick stand up from one of the chairs on the porch, confusion clear on his face.

"So, Nick, let's get you home." I smiled ironicly and walked towards my car.

I unlocked it and turned it on. After Finn and Nick got in, I asked Nick where he lives and he began to give me exact directions. 

-

After we reached his house, he stepped out of his car and thanked us, walking away and into his home. 

"See? I was just coming to drop him off." I said driving back home. Finn scoffed beside me and crossed his arms across his chest. I rolled my eyes and thought, what a child. To kill the silence that felt quite loud, I put on the radio and let Mayday Parade play. 

''Here's the map and the pen, the place you pointed at

Be Californias best

All I ask, all I ask

And please don't tell me that I'm dreaming, 

When all I ever wanted was to

dream another sunset with you

If I roll over, when it's o-"

Suddenly my music was cut off and replaced by Finn's voice.

"Why'd you run away from Luke?" He asked. 

"Why do you ask so many questions?"

"Why don't you answer them?" He sassed back. I rolled my eyes and kept them on the road.

"He was with this rude girl and she said some rude things so I just walked out." I said, shrugging along.

"What'd she say?" He asked me.

"Nothing much just things like don't interrupt our conversation and shit." I said, leaving most of the hateful things out. The last thing I want is for Finn to get involved. 

"Did Luke do anything?" He asked again, furrowing his eyebrows. 

"I think he was, but I was already out the door." I said, glad that we were finally  pulling up into our driveway.

He stopped asking questions after that, but I'm sure he was gonna ask more later.

We locked the car and went into the house, going straight into the living room.

"Are you hungry?" He asked me, throwing his hoodie on the couch and walking into the kitchen. 

"No," I lied. In all honesty, I was starving but I couldn't eat. Well, I could, but I wouldn't be able to vomit it out knowing Finn would hear me. Maybe I could just fast.

"Are you sure? Luke said you barely ate when you went out with him." He talked loudly since he was all the way in the kitchen and I was already making my way upstairs. 

"What didn't Luke tell you?" I said as Finn laughed in response.

"But don't worry, I'm sure." I reassured him, walking upstairs into my room.

I locked the door and went up into my full body mirror. I lifted my sweater and grabbed my stomach.

Fat

Ugly

Worthless

Kill yourself

Oh, that was harsh.

I shook my head at the words coming to mind. I grabbed ahold of my stomach and felt like it was on fire, seeing I was pinching so hard at it. 

Soon it'll all be gone and you'll be able to see your ribs.

I sighed and sat on my bed. Just keep doing what you're doing, Lucy. It'll be fine in the end.