Painting Flowers~Josh

Josh

You were home, as usual you got home from work at your job, you were ecstatic today. Your boss gave you a good New Years bonus, leaving you happy to come home.

You had just moved in with Josh three months ago, yet it felt like yesterday you were unpacking boxes. You and Josh had a big, roomy house. Of course, you would need it after all, Josh constantly had Tyler over and you loved having people visit no matter the hour, you and Josh loved hosting and were very open towards people. However, the main reason you had a big house is because you had discussed having kids, of course not yet, but in the future that was the next step. You and Josh both agreed to at least one kid, you were both very adorning to kids.

The least could be said when all you could think about was having Josh with you, maybe a baby boy or girl in your arms. You couldn't wait for that day.

You heard the stairs creak as Josh came down, accompanied of course by Tyler and Jenna. You smiled happily as they came down, Tyler carrying Jenna down the stairs bridal style as Josh came down with them, hurrying to meet you.

It was only a matter of time before Josh had swept you off your feet as well, spinning you around before setting you down again and crushing you into a hug. "Y/N.I missed you." He laughed.

"I missed you too!" You said with a slight chuckle. You looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back, his face scrunching into the most infamous smile ever known to mankind.

"So,Josh, there's something I have to tell you." You say, preparing to announce your bonus.

"Hold on Y/N. I've got something to share with you, from the two of us." He said pointing between him and Tyler.

"Oh,ok." You say, waiting patiently as Josh clears his throat.

"Me and Tyler-" Tyler coughed. "Tyler and I," Josh corrected while everyone laughed. " have gotten a record deal for Vessel." It was silent before Jenna and you shouted with glee, her hugging Tyler, and you hugging Josh.

"I'm so happy for you! That's great timing to!" You say laughing.

"Really? What timing?" He said seriously suddenly.

"Well, I got a holiday bonus!" You say, Josh breaks into another smile as he hugs you,happy that things were going right for you and him.

"I say we go to the festival down by Momma Dun's to celebrate." Jenna declares. "Which really means, I signed us up to do the face painting booth, and we're all going.No excuses." She says with a cheeky smile.

Tyler groans but only breaks into a smile as Jenna pouts at him.

At the festival, you and Josh got name tags along with Ty and Jenna. You wrote down Josh's name, drawing drumsticks in an X formation under his name while Josh wrote your name, putting smiley faces all around it.

Tyler had a burrito for the L in his name, and Jenna was turned into 'Jeffery', by Tyler of course, which made Jenna punch his arm in a joking manner.

When you all sat down at the booth, you realized it was not an easy job as kids asked for complex painting left and right "I want Spider-Man. I want Bat Man. I want the Mona Lisa." Was all you could hear. You were wore out as kids asked for insane drawings not even a modern day Van Gogh could do.

Then came the two last kids. One was a young girl, maybe five or six, and what seemed to be her older brother, he seemed to be fourteen or fifteen.

"What do you want Ben?" The little girl asked, tugging on his arm.

He didn't seem to keen to get face paint, but appeased his sister by asking for a simple smiley face. Jenna took care of that.

"What would you like?" You ask, she was precious. She had brown curly hair with light blue eyes. She was wearing a blue shirt with a sun flower on it and and white skirt which seemed remarkably clean for a child that young.

"I, I want a flower." She said decidedly. She smiled,adorable. You grin back and start to work, working from the side of her face as you make a bowing sun flower that curled into her cheek to see.

You heard the scraping of a chair as Josh joined you. "Hi!" He says like a child. The young girl smiled and greeted him the same. "Nice flower!" He said excitedly, it was not long after till the kid talked and talked to Josh, making it hard to complete the face painting, but after a few long minutes, it was finished.

Josh held a mirror up for the girl to see,she peered in and squealed happily, clapping as she said thank you and took her brothers hand, who said thank you as well, before traveling back to most likely their parents.

It was the end of your shift and you were exhausted. You yawned, it was time to hit the hay. You had parted ways with Tyler and Jenna and were making your way out with Josh.

"You're so good with kids." You say suddenly, breaking into a smile.

"So are you, she looked so happy about the flower." He chuckled, slinging his arm over your shoulders, pulling you close.

"It's good that you're good with kids."

"Why's that?"

"Because I have something else to tell you."