Chapter One: A Strange Flower That Blooms In Between Seasons

Jan 9th, 1949 - Miami, Florida.

It was a dark misty night and almost everyone was deep in their sleep, tucked in carefully in their beds, unaware of their surroundings. But, it doesn't seem to apply to Karla and Laura who met up in the woods after they both sneaked out of their own households. It was always the same place where they would both meet up, the woods nearby the only lake near the Cabello Estate. It's the only place where nobody was in their way. Karla and Laura both amorously hugged one another and kissed, as if their lips would never be able to touch one another again.

"I dearly missed you, my love." Laura gasped as she reluctantly pulled away from their kiss, her hands were clasped tightly around Karla's cheeks.

"I, too. I missed you so much, my love." She smiled upon leaning her forehead into Laura's, as her arms clung around her lover's waist and held on like her life was depended on it.

They both stared at one another's eyes while their breathing steadied after their heated kiss. But, time is short and they didn't come here to waste time. Laura gently ran her hands down Karla's waist, the younger's long beige dress that covered her petite body didn't even matter when Laura grabbed her by the legs, lifting her up with no effort. Karla fitted right in Laura's strong arms. Karla clasped her arms around Laura's neck, her lips plunged on her lover's as she softly sucked on the soft red lump that she passionately adores.

A moan then escaped Karla's mouth, as Laura's hands roamed around her bottom, her hands gave her a soft squeeze before Karla found herself leaning on the old oak tree. This particular tree has lived long before the both of them was even born, Karla often painted it because of it's remarkable golden green leaves that grow throughout the whole summer.

"Laura..." Karla quietly mumbled against her lover's lips.

"Yes, my love?" Laura questioned, but still continued to touch Karla's body.

"Shaun came to visit." She blurted out.

Just like that Laura froze. She paused and looked at Karla, as she propped her head apart from hers.

"The boy your father wants you to marry." Laura scoffed, as she let out a deep sigh.

Karla embraced her lover in her tiny arms that barely circled Laura's shoulders. She leaned her head to her lover's right ear and placed a soft and gentle kiss. The kiss was so innocent that it made Laura smile. Then, just before Laura can reply Karla whispered, "But it's you I want to marry."

Jan 9th, 2017 - Los Angeles, California

It's a mournful day for the Jaureguis, as Michael, Clara and their two other children, Taylor and Chris, died in a plane crash on their way back home to Los Angeles. Lauren was supposed to have been on the trip to Australia with her family, but she was called to lead a charity campaign her parents were leaders of. Her parents had always trusted her with almost everything, because to them, Lauren can do anything. Their eldest daughter wasn't one to complain, she'd always find ways to do the job right. That's why they were very proud of her. But now her parents are gone and so is her siblings and everything doesn't seem to matter anymore.

"Lauren, would you like to say a few words?" The priest from the funeral questioned the young brunette.

There was only silence as Lauren stood in front of her family's coffins, her hands curled into fists while her eyes tried to bat away the tears and agony. The priest understood and proceeded with the funeral ceremony, which lasted about two and a half hours. Everyone in the funeral – friends and colleagues of her mother and father, as well as friends of her two siblings, threw their white roses on the coffins as caretakers began to roll it down six feet under the ground.