{3}Valiant{Preparation For What's To Come}

Hey Guys, thanx for all those who read the past two chapters! ANd thank you to Zara101, for becoming my first fan! And commenting! Guyz, check out her stories!! 

SO, today, I was board so I spent my day typing and hogging the laptop :P 

hehe, good thing my brothers at the beach... 

So yeah, this chapter isn't very good but it's getting to the fun parts. To be truthful I don't even know where this story is going, I've thought up the middle and the end now I need the filling! 

So thankz again for reading! 

Vote, COMMENT, become a fan!!

XoX

Chapter 3: Preparation For What's To Come 

Valèrie sat; not responding to either Rae's or Sunshine's attempts to sooth her.  

She distantly heard Sunshine saying, "Don't worry, Valley. I know you'll be asked to join," 

And Rae whispering in response, "Not if she gets picked for the duty on the front line," 

Sunshine turned, "I don't think anyone would let her manage the ship. She's not just book smart, she's street smart and fit. But she is not scientifically smart," She whispered back fiercely.  

"Thanks," Valèrie whispered softly, trying to make a joke out of a horrible situation.  

Finally, Liz, whose name they all knew was one above Valèrie's, was called. 

"Liz Uzo," the Principle called, "Miss Uzo has shown talent and brains which is why she has been asked to join the Colonial to help run the ship from a technical point of view."  

He went on to describe what she would be transmuted with but Valèrie, Rae and Sunshine weren't listening, they were breathing a sigh of relief that none of them would be fighting on the front line.  

"Valèrie Vera," 

Valèrie rose, for the first time noticing her parents in the crowd of spectators. She carefully made her way past her fellow students. She shifted her long, fox like hair off her shoulder as she stepped onto the stage.  

"Miss Vera has been a very promising pupil, and has been transmuted with the wolves as well as the foxes of Earth, a great achievement, I must say. She has also been given the Azjai, the beautiful creature known for guidance, grace and its stubbornness," The Principal said with a laugh. 

Valèrie had to resist the urge to glare at him. A tempting idea but she managed to control herself as she turned to get into the cylinder capsule that would make her someone she was not.  

She felt the slimy blue substance before she saw it. She watched as it inclosed around her and yet she could still see everything. Her friends and her parents. Even the hot male at the back, staring at her so intently it was as if he was controlling her.  

"Because of her great achievements,"  

Valèrie listened whilst the sweet smelling, teal blue liquid containing the herb to transmute, engulfed her.  

"Because of Miss Vera's leadership and fighting abilities she will be placed under Mr. Zander aboard the Colonial." 

He carried on, but all Valèrie could hear were those words, replaying again, and again in her mind. The Colonial. 

Her mind went blank as she frantically tried to get out of the capsule. The liquid now, cold and thick against her skin.  

Her attempt was futile, the liquid to thick to move in, but she wouldn't stop. She kept thrashing, trying to escape as the liquid heated up. Her breath become shallow and uneven though not from a lack of air.