~Chapter 12~

We came back to the bonfire with everyone laughing and talking as the fire kept ablaze. I looked over to see Vic snuggled up to Xiumin, and as I looked over to Brooke she was laughing with Baekhyun while making s'mores.

How dare she make s'mores without me, I laughed as Chanyeol and I walked over and sat down by Vic.

"Haha. Oh heyyyy you're back! Come join us we were just talking about.." She lowered her voice down to a whisper and quickly looked over to Brooke and Baek. "...those two," she smiled. I rolled my eyes. "About what dork?" I laughed. Xiumin smirked. "You'll see, just wait a bit," he said.

Brooke's POV

"Hey Baek, let's try making these with mint chocolate!" I giggled. Baek always loved eating anything mint chocolate so I thought it would be a great idea. "Surrrreee," he smiled warmly. I grabbed the bag of chocolate but squealed when I felt a small pain on my finger. Baek looked over and noticed me blowing on my finger so he grabbed my hand and did something unimaginable...

He put it in his mouth.

"You okay?" He asked after taking my finger from his mouth. I sat there still trying to process what had just happened. Did he...lick my finger? No way, maybe I imagined it.

He snickered. "Helloooooo? Anyone home on planet Brooke?" I snapped out of...whatever that was and nodded. He smiled and released my hand as he grabbed the extra chocolate and began making the s'mores.

Baek's POV

I couldn't stop giggling at her. She was lost in some sort of trance after earlier but I was too drunk to really think on it so I continued making the s'mores.

"Hey...why's she staring off into space like that?" Sehun laughed. I almost didn't register what he had said because I couldn't stop staring at Brooke. She was just...so beautiful. Could I really be falling in love with my best friend? Sehun smacked me on the shoulder earning himself a death stare. "Bro. Are you on the same planet? Snap out of it!" he snapped. "And don't stare...it's creepy."

Brooke's POV

I broke out of my daydream as I glanced over to Baek looking in my direction. Why was Baekhyun staring at me so intensely? Was there something on my face? I glared at him as he looked away, face fully red.

Strange.

"Hey, we want some s'mores too!" Alex interrupted.

"Come make your own, I'm no maid," I joked. She pinched me and sat down to make two for her and Vic. I felt someone grab my arm. "Hey..uh..can we talk for a second?" Baek asked.

~~

Sorry for the late update guys! I've been busy preparing for classes which literally start this Monday (groan). But, I'll keep the book updated, don't worry.

What do you think Baekhyun wants to talk to Brooke about? Hmm who knows 😉

Stay tuned for the next chapter.