Thirteen

Ethan pov

She never responded my text but only left me on read. I look at my phone weird but then close it. "So where we going?" Cameron ask. We were currently walking down the street. "I heard New York museum was pretty cool" I suggest because Ava told me she was there.

"Yea i guess we can go" Grayson says. A huge smiles appears on my face. "But after we are going to eat pizza" Cameron says.

"Okay" I say. I take my phone out my pocket and Ava still hasn't text back. I sigh and put it back in my pocket. "Wow what happened there?" Cameron say. I look up and see a accident. It was bad a car was flipped over on this hood. Glass was everywhere it was two cars it was a black car looked like a uber that was flipped over the other just had the front messed up. I see the ambulance pull up they get out and get the bed out for someone. I wanted to see who. They went next to the car the picked up a girl. I looked closer at the girls face.

"Ava?!" I yell and see it was her. She had cuts all over her face. Her leg had a huge cut looked deep. "Ethan that's not Ava" Grayson says. "Yes it is!" I jump over the yellow tape and run over to her. But two cops came in front of me. "Sir you can't come over here" one cop says but I ignore them and push threw them and go to Ava. She looked pale bruised everywhere. Her hands where cold and bloody. "I want to go with her" I tell the cop.

"How are you guys relate-"

"She's my wife" I cut him off. I know I lied but I can't let her be alone. The cop nodded and left. The guys put her in the ambulance and I jumped in after her.

I sat down and held her hand and looked at her. I can't believe this happened to her. She did not deserve this at all. The car hit her hard she was covered in dirt.

I looked at her side and saw blood like a lot of blood coming from her side. I lifted her shirt and saw a huge huge gash along her side. It looked deep I told the guy that was there with us putting ivs in her. "Thank you we will take care of her when we get to the hospital" he says.

------

We finally get to the hospital and they take her out. "Sir we understand you want to be wit your wife but we have to take her in for surgery" a doctor came out. "Surgery?" I ask my heart dropped more.

"Her cuts are more severe than the ambulance told us" he says. I nod and leave sitting down. I tried not to cry but I couldn't. Tears just started falling I bit my lip to control it. I texted Grayson I was at the hospital.

Grayson: okay I will bring Catty and Cameron

I leave him on read and turn off my phone. I looked around and saw people they did not look happy. Which made my feel more worried.

There was a couple crying "I can't loose him. He can't be dead" the girl said. It quickly made me think about Ava. I feel so bad for them the doors open and Catty came in crying. She looked around and saw me. I stood up and she ran to be hugging me crying. I hugged her back she must be devastated. "Is-is she o-Kay" she pulled away. "She is in for surgery" I say looking at Cameron and Grayson.

To my surprise Cameron was in tears. Like a lot he bit his lip and walk back outside. Catty sat down bringing her knees to her face. I walked out to see Cameron on the curve looking at the wall. I sat next to him "she can't go" he said still looking at the wall.

"She won't Cam" I put my hand on his shoulder. "She's my best friend my sister. She is the closest thing I have in my life. She can't go Ethan" he rested his head in his hands. "Hey bro listen she is not leaving okay? Don't think like that" I looked down. He got up I did too he went inside.

I never knew how they became best friends or close. It must be serious he looks like someone cut his leg off.

----
(5 hours later. Ava finally got pout of surgery)

We were all sitting on the chairs. Catty and Grayson fell asleep Cameron was awake and me too. The doctor came out "Are you Ava's husband?" I looked around they all gave me confused looks "uh yea" I turn back to the doctor. "Okay Ava just came out of surgery. She did very well-"

"Yes omg yes" Catty yells. "Let me finish" the doctor says which makes me nervous.

"Her injuries are bad very deep. She will need therapy to recover. Her right side has been paralyzed" he says.

My heart drop all the way to me feet. She needs therapy I can't believe it.

Cameron's pov

"Her injuries are bad very deep. She will need therapy to recover. Her right side has been paralyzed" the doctor says.

My eyes widen my knees get week my heart shatters. "No there can't be" I say going in front of Ethan. "I'm sorry sir I wish I can do something but I can't" he says.

"No your a doctor she can't be hurt. Your supposed to work and help your helping no one" I yell. Catty comes in front of me. "Baby it's okay he is right" I look lost she is my best friend. She always been there for me I let her down.

A tear comes down my cheek catty hugs me. "I failed her Catty" I sit down. "No you didn't. Don't think like that" she holds my face. I close my eyes and breathe. "Can I go see her?" I ask. The doctor nods and i her up. "Room 120" he says. I open the door and walk down the hallway.

I find her room and open the door. There she was asleep. Her side was wrapped and arms and legs. I walk up to her and hold her hand. "I'm sorry Ava" I close my eyes to control my tears. We grew up together she had been my closes friend. "Cameron" I look up and Ava is smiling. A smile appears on my face "Ava your up" I say. "I am duh" she laughs.

She goes to lift her right arm but it drops back down. She looks at it weird and tries again "why can't I lift me hand?" She sound like she is going to cry. She keeps trying "Ava your right side has been paralyzed" I hold her right side.

"What are you talking about? That can't be" her eyes get watery. "Ava it is. I'm so sorry" tears go down her face. "No no I-i can't my arm can't my body can't" she stops. "Have you seen Ethan is he here?" She suddenly ask.

"Yea Catty and Grayson are here too" I say. "Cameron can you get Ethan please?" She ask.

"Yea" I take my hand out of hers. "I can't get a hug" she says giggling. I turn back and hug her lightly. I rest my head there for a bit. "Love you Cam remember that" she says. I pull away "I love you too" I smile and go to get Ethan.

And back to Ethan's pov

"Hey Ethan she wants you" I snap my head up. "She's up?" I get up from my chair. He nods I nod and go to her room. I get to her room and see her through the window she was looking at her right side. I turned the knob and she looked up.

"Hey Ava" I went up to her. "Hey" she says with a sad face. I lean down and hug her and I just stay hugging her. She wraps her left hand around me. I hear soft cries from her. I hug her a bit tighter. I pull away a little and kiss her. "I'm so sorry Ava" I tell her wiping her tears.

"It's not your fault Ethan" she says looking down. "I feel like it was" I sit down on the corner of her bed. She grabs my hand "it's not" her grip gets tighter.

"It's that stupid person who was driving" she says. I look her right side "therapy?" She says.

I guess the doctor didn't tell her. "Yea but that's good it helps you" I'm trying to cheer her up. "Yea sure. I can't even move my foot or my hand" tears come down from her cheeks.

"Hey hey don't cry okay. Your getting to get through this. God has his ways okay. Don't cry ok baby girl. I'm right here Grayson is here for you. Cameron is definitely is here for you also Catty. Your not alone. I love you Ava I love you so much" I kiss her hand.

"I love you too Ethan. Do you know how long until I get to home?" She bit her lip.

"I don't but I will ask" I smile. She smiles back "thanks Ethan. If you want you can tell everyone to come in" i nod and get up. I kiss her forehead and get the others.

---------------------------------------------------

Hehehe