Mate Exchange pt. 1

(Lauren's POV)

"Laur, pay attention!" I look over to the frustrated girl walking besides me. "Come on Laur, why are you never even interested in me? Don't you like me?"

In all honesty, she wasn't my mate so I didn't feel anything towards her and she knew it. The only reason why we were even together was due to our parents arranging it so our families wouldn't look bad.

I sighed and look over to her while we were still walking.

"You're a great friend, you know that, I tell you everyday. I'm sorry if I keep drifting off. You know this whole other pack trying to take our territory is killing me." She looks at me sympathetically but then she looks in front of us and her eyes shine golden.

That could only mean one thing. She saw her mate. When two wolves that are meant to be and lock eyes, their eyes flash golden, signaling each other that they are mates.

I turn to look her way and notice a guy and very beautiful girl by his side. So beautiful, there was only one thing on my mind now. He didn't seem to be looking this way, and quite frankly he was walking into my territory. How could I tell he was a werewolf? Easy, I was trained to know who was what creature and all their weaknesses. As he kept walking, he dropped something on the grass and that's when I charged towards him, turning into my black furred wolf.

The girl besides him looks at me and she quickly tugs on the guy's shoulder making him turn to look my way just as I'm jumping up to pounce on him. As soon as he saw me, he turned into a redish brown wolf and avoided my attack.

He growled and snapped his teeth at me, all-the-while we circled around each other getting ready to attack once again. When he attacked, I pounced on him and easily pinned him down.

'Stop fighting and listen to me. I have found your mate and it's not that girl you had with you.' He stops struggling and looks at me with his hazel eyes.

'Liar, who is it then?'

'The girl that was with me, right over there.' I pointed with my snout and got off of him.

He looks at me suspiciously and then over at her. He slowly walked towards her and turned human on the way. As for me, I walked over to his lady friend and looked at her with a smirk on my face. She was looking over towards her friend and mine.

"Well babe, looks like it's just you and me now." I surprise her and looks over at me, I had now fully transformed into my human form.

"Excuse you?" She scoffed and rolled her eyes at me, then started walking away, so I followed close behind her. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Walking with you babe, we're going home aren't we?"

"Okay, first off, I'm not your babe. Second off, we aren't going nowhere, I am. Third off, go fuck yourself." I had to bite my tongue to stop the comment I was going to make about the last thing she said.

"Sorry babe, but you are officially mine for the time being. Your friend took my girl so I take his." She growled at me and I growled just as fiercely. "Don't raise your voice at me. I'm way stronger than you, so stand down." Sure I wanted her by my side but she needed to know who was in charge.

****

We walked a while more and finally she unlocked the door to a nice house. Two story, nice light blue color. As she walked in, she was about to close the door but I stopped it with my hand.

"Don't be so rude babe." I smirked and went in.

"I honestly don't even know what you're doing here. This is my house." I sat down on a recliner chair and looked up at her.