Chapter 12 - hope?

Fuck fuck fuck.

Couldn't they just mind their own business of getting out of this shithole called dungeon.

"MERLIN?" Another voice said. This time it was the king, but he sounded worried. "We've searched after you all through the five lands!"

Merlin made a face, not believing a word the man said.

"Merlin? Are you alright? We saw you fight Morgana..." The otherwise loud knight said quietly.

"Why would you care?" Merlin spat.

The Knights just sat in their cells in disbelief. They had never heard Merlin say something so full of hatred, and without even a spark of hope.

"Merlin? What have Morgana done to you?" Gwaine spoke carefully.

Before Merlin could give an answer you could hear the sound of someone walking towards them.

"So you are finally awake!"

All the Knights where shouting, but three of them said the same thing:

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MERLIN YOU" and there came three equally hateful words that, to anyone else, would be totally awful things to say, but fitted her perfectly.

She wasn't the girl that had lived side by side with Arthur.

This wasn't the fierce girl who had once told Arthur "Sometimes you've got to do what you think is right and damn the consequences.".

She had killed every cell of that Morgana.

But in some way, Merlin still believed the best in her.

She smirked, her eyes dead.

She held her hands out and in them the great sword, Exalibur, appeared, as shiny as it had been the day it was forged. Her lips parted like she was about to speak, but instead she fell on her butt. Leon had made her fall and now Arthur had taken the sword and made a swift motion against her head, wrong end of it in his hand so the hilt knocked her out.

Everyone was in awe for a second until they jumped upright and easily split the locks in pieces. When they opened Merlins cell, they thought he would run out as fast as possible, but he was laying still. The Knights ran inside an Percival easily picked him up while Arthur slashed through his chains.

"G-give me the sword." He said weakly yet determined. The king obeyed.

Percival put Merlin down, still leaning against him though.

"I had hope for you Morgana when you came into this room. But all hope seems to leave me. You are nothing but a tyrant who just wants all the power they can take. And you will never stop trying to get what you want. I understand that now. I see no better option." And he thrust the sword through her heart. He had given the last energy he had to this, and now he fell.

-
WHAT
AN UPDATE
OMG
my first thought was to go deeper and darker down with this story, and maybe I will later haha no-one knows (I have no plan oOPS)
btw I have begun on yet another 'book' that you should check out if you like Harry Potter, it's called 'Hogwarts shorts' xx
but I killed Morgana?! Merlin thinks he is nothing and that everyone hates him. What will happen next?

[20.3.17]