17| Hate and Hurt

Start from the beginning

Claire's POV

Adriel introduced me to her cheerleader friends and appallingly, they loved me and appreciated my dressing style. It was funny how they were the same bitches who snarled and hated me just a few days ago.

They were standing in the middle of the school corridor, chatting and laughing while I was standing with them, simply staring away into the distance.

Dylan and his friends stood a few feet away. His beautiful face and chiselled jawline were prominent as ever but that was not what was attracting my attention.

My gaze stood fixated on my best friend standing with his new friends way further down the hall, behind Dylan.

He leaned on the lockers confidently, chuckling as his friend cracked a joke. I still loved that smile that he gave and how his long blonde strands fell over his bright bluish-green eyes. I always had an urge to brush them away but I never did it because it would be plain awkward.

I particularly hated how Natalie had her arm draped across his shoulder while her other arm hugged his waist as they laughed with their group. And Logan seemed to have no problem with it.

What if they were dating?

There were rumours around that Natalie had broken up with Jacob and where else would she go to except to Logan? She had an uncanny obsession with him.

An obsession that I so dearly despised.

Should I talk to him?

Maybe he missed me as much as I missed him. What if he wanted to get back with me? We needed to get things straight and I owed him an apology. Everything happened too fast yesterday and things took a sharp turn.

I had been preparing myself for a perfect moment to talk to him since morning.

I needed to fix this.

So I whispered in Addy's ear that I was going to talk to Logan and started walking towards him, down the hall.

I passed by Dylan's group and he greeted me with a winning smile and a wave "Morning Claire!"

"Morning" I replied, without bothering to turn to look at Dylan because my eyes refused to leave the boy my heart immensely ached for.

With every step I took, jagged, heavy stones were pounding against my heart and the thumping sound eerily rang in my ears.

As I approached him and stopped in front of their group, that consisted of about eight people, everyone turned to look at me and stared at me quietly.

Natalie snarled at me like I had stolen her precious possession but really, she was stealing my precious possession from me, and I wanted it back.

"So?" I asked, looking straight into Logan's remorseful eyes "What should we study today?"

Bad choice of question? Maybe...

Everybody were now looking at Logan, surprised, waiting for an answer. But he seemed speechless, not impressed at all by my sudden question.

Instead of answering, he turned towards his friends and uttered "Excuse me"

He pushed out of Natalie's grip, caught my wrist and started pulling me somewhere. I let him take me wherever he wanted to but unexpectedly, we ended up in our school's janitor's closet at the far end of the hall.

Angrily Logan locked the door behind us and walked towards me, stopping just a few inches away "What do you think you're doing?" he blurted out.

His heated voice caused my heart to jump. I was trying to win him back, what else would I be doing?

"I'm-I'm..." I was surprisingly stuttering "...I'm trying to fix things between us"

A furious expression invaded his countenance "Why?" he asked angrily, almost yelling "Claire, you can't just walk upto me after such a horrible break up and act all friendly with me! It's going to make everyone suspicious!"

I couldn't get my mind straight. I was fighting with my best friend; it was something I never did before. Without thinking, I yelled "Does that make us strangers now, Logan? Does that mean we're not even friends anymore?"

That question seemed to get him. Miserably, his eyes shifted towards the ground. His hand shot up to rub his temple before he looked up at me and said "I guess so"

I swear I had never felt like that before. When he said those words, I felt the surrounding air suddenly become heavy, its weight forcefully pressing down on me, attempting to push me down to my knees.

I covered my mouth with my hands, a silent whimper leaving my throat accompanied by a miserable voice "Logan...how could you?"

My watery eyes glared at him as he looked at the ground "I'm so sorry Claire" he muttered sternly.

That was it. We were officially over.

Tears spilled forth, sliding down my cheeks. A painful ache creeping its way into head and my heart. I began to cry with voice, momentarily wiping my tears away.

"Claire..." Logan's broken voice reached me. I found him walking towards me and just before he could gather me into his arms, I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him away from me.

As much as I wanted to hug him and kiss him, I also wanted to run away from him.

He tried to come towards me again but I stopped him and yelled "Stay away from me!"

Ragingly, I made my way towards the exit of the janitor's closet. Pushing him out of the way, I ran out.

If that's what Logan wanted, then be it.

I was going to show him what real pain looks like. I was going to take revenge from him. I was going to make him feel just the way I was feeling right now – betrayed, hurt, hated.

I looked behind to see if he was following me, and he was. He was running behind me asking me to stop.

But I wasn't going to stop.

My tears stopped spilling because anger was shooting wildly down my nerves. My brain was on fire, madly making a wicked plan for revenge.

I found Dylan right where I left him, with his friends. I called out for him "Hey Dylan!"

His gaze shifted towards me and he smiled "Hey Claire!"

I stopped besides him and turned around again and as I expected, Logan was walking towards me.

Good, I want you to see this Logan, I want you to hurt.

I was so angry that I didn't know if the decision I made was right or not. But at that instant, it all felt right as fuck.

I grabbed Dylan's hair and kissed him fiercely.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Sorry I ended like that guys XD

I just wanted a few reviews from you. Please let me know:

Are the chapters too short?

Is the story going slowly?

Is it weird/insensible? XD

Are the descriptions of situations and emotions too long/does make the content boring?

Am I able to express emotions and situations effectively?

Any changes I should do to my writing style? (Please give me atleast one tip)

Thank you so much for answering and reading!

Love, K

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o