Chapter 18: National First Love...

Back to 2016
Kim Nam Joon

"Yes, yes, I'll be there soon, Professor." I hurriedly went down the steps, phone between my ear and my shoulder, a stack of papers in my right hand while my other hand was looking for a car key in my pocket.

"Yes, I'll be there in... ouch!" Someone bumped into me. My phone flew before it landed on the stairs, broken. The papers scattered everywhere.

"Oh my God!" The one who bumped into me, it was a female student. She helped me to collect the scattered paper. "I-I can do it by myself." I tried to collect the nearest paper.

"No, no. Let me help you." The girl insisted.

I cursed under my breath when I felt my hand limp. I thought the girl was hearing it so she aske, "Everything's okay?"

"Uh... I think I broke my left wrist..." I said. She shrieked and examined my left wrist. "Oh, no... Let's go to the hospital now!" The girl took my phone on the ground and hugged the papers with her other hand.

"Do you have a car?" She said impatiently. "Uh... yes..." I took out my car key from the pocket. She grabbed it and dragged me down the stairs.

"Where's your car?" She asked. "Over there. The black one. Uh... I can carry the papers..." I said, a bit bewildered with this sudden incident. "No, you can't!" She said firmly. In an instant, I had sat down in a passenger seat beside the driver.

"Do you driving?" I asked. I hoped she's a professional driver, because I didn't want to get scold by Seok Jin Hyung because I've crashed his car. She flashed a smile and buckled the seatbelt. "I've got my driver license 2 years ago."

Thanks God!

"Wear your seatbelt." She demanded before stepped on the pedal.

"Wait!!! The problem is, I have to submit these to Professor Han. He asked me to leave these in his office." I told her and she automatically cursed. "Darn it! We have to go to hospital as soon as possible!!"

"Where's his office?"

"Gangseo District..."

"What the hell!! Why does he live so far away from the university?! But don't worry, we can make it in 10 minutes." She smirked and accelerated the car. "What the..."

The ride that should have taken 30 minutes to arrive was shortened to 10 minutes. I felt like my life was shortened by 10 years too. "We've arrived." She tapped my shoulder and took the papers from my arm before got out from the car.

This girl is something...

^_^

"How could you break your wrist?" Seok Jin Hyung asked in amaze.

"That girl bumped into me so I grabbed the handrails instinctively. I've grabbed it wrong so this is the result..." I explained.

"Clumsy." Ji Min said.

"I know!" I snapped.

Now I knew why everyone prevents me on driving, even the boys and my father. I'm known as a clumsy boy and now I understand, they don't want me to hurt myself from driving. But it was just too late. I've never hurt myself form driving anyway.

"By the way, I didn't remember if I ever teach you how to drive?" asked Seok Jin Hyung.

"I've learned it from my friend..." I replied. At first he didn't want to teach me either, but I forced him too.

"This is the punishment from stealing my car!" Seok Jin Hyung tapped on my banded wrist. I winched in pain. "Stop it! I've asked for your permission this morning." I growled. "That's right, genius, but I've never said 'yes', remember?" Seok Jin Hyung sneered.