Chapter 1: Uneasy Ringing...

Kim Seok Jin

I woke up and found my cousins are sprawling out here and there. They were sleeping together in the living room last night, except for Yoon Gi who preferred to sleep in the bedroom; the room that Yoon Gi and I share together. I glanced at the clock, 4 a.m. I yawned and pushed Ji Min's arm from my leg.

"Wake up, boys." I said. Nam Joon and Ho Seok woke up immediately while Ji Min just moved under his sleep, even Tae Hyung and Jung Kook didn't move at all.

"What time is it, Hyung?" Ji Min asked; half a sleep, Nam Joon had gone to the bathroom while Ho Seok was trying to wake Tae Hyung and Jung Kook up.

"It is 4 a.m. Hurry up, we have to go before the sunrise." I replied him. Ji Min rubbed his eyes and got up. He even helped Ho Seok to wake the remaining 2 boys up. While I trusted the younger ones to Ho Seok and Ji Min, I went to my room in order to wake Yoon Gi up.

I opened the door carefully. I could see the top of his head under the blanket. I tapped his shoulder to wake him up. This time I didn't scream or jump at him like usual.

"Min Yoon Gi, wake up." I said. He moved around and mumbled something about '5 minutes more'. I wanted to give him his precious 5 minutes, but it was already 4.15 a.m. We should off before 5 a.m. If I gave him 5 minutes more, we would be late.

"Come on Yoon Gi. We need to go to the funeral..."

The night before...

It was a normal day in our normal dorm at the middle of normal Seoul city. Jung Kook, Ji Min, and Tae Hyung as the high school students were doing their homework together in the living room. Nam Joon and Ho Seok as college students weren't home yet. Yoon Gi who works at the music industry as the producer was working at his studio upstairs and me; as a lawyer was free that night. Well, I was looking after the younger ones as they were doing their homework, sometimes I would help them too when they didn't know about something.

I grabbed the papers from my desk. Well... office things...

"Kim Tae Hyung, Jeon Jung Kook, stop playing around! Just do your homework, you're bothering me!" Ji Min put his pencil on the desk loudly. He sent a death glare toward Tae Hyung and Jung Kook.

"What did we do?" asked Tae Hyung. "We didn't do anything though..." Jung Kook added. Ji Min sighed annoyed.

"Your giggles. It breaks my concentration." Ji Min told them. "And, I have an exam soon. I have to study! And I think you should either, Tae Hyung. Don't you remember? We are classmates!" Ji Min added.

"Ji Min is true, Tae Hyung. And Jung Kook, you shouldn't bother them. They are in third year now. They should study harder." I said. Jung Kook nodded, but Tae Hyung interrupted.

"It's unfair! Even though Jung Kook is still first year now, he should study either!" Tae Hyung shouted. I sighed and glanced upstairs; at Yoon Gi's studio.

"Sst! Quiet, please! Yoon Gi is working now!" I hissed and put my finger in front of my lips. Yoon Gi won't like it if someone is bothering him while he is working.

"It is okay, Hyung. I've done my work." Yoon Gi gave a response from the kitchen. He came out with a mug in his right hand and approached us.