Chapter 31: Better Things to Come

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

“So, Miss Knight. How does it feel being famous?”

“Uh? Oh, famous. I feel the same. Like I still have to wake up and go school you know. Still an angsty teenager.”

“Speaking of angsty teenagers, your blog contains tons of text posts about you ranting about your generation, please do tell us more about what you think about your generation?”

“This generation of teenagers are really cool. I mean they have found a way to exchange their feelings about things through typing.” I say sarcastically and the interviewer caught on smiling.

“It’s this kind of humor that your followers apparently love.”

“I mean what can I say? I have a great sense of humor.”

“I don’t think anyone is going to deny that. But I wanted to ask you about your secret identity thing. How hard was it to keep it a secret?”

“God, you have no idea how fucking hard- Oh, gosh. I did not just cuss on live television. This is supposed to be a family show. I’m so sorry.” I say while waving one hand at the camera, while my other hand was covering my mouth. The interviewer was doubled over in laughter as well as the rest of the studio people. I guess, the ice was broken.

“It’s alright, we have had way worse on this show. Did you have regrets keeping such a secret?” I looked out off the stage and saw Chase. He gave me a smile and a thumbs up. That’s when I realized the major mistake I had done.

“Yeah I have regrets. I regret not being be, if you get what I’m saying. Yes, “The Anon” and I were the same person, but I was hiding behind this shadow afraid how people would perceive me. But I also regret losing a close friend of mine. I should have given that person a second chance and maybe they could give me one.” I try to keep my eyes focused on the interviewer, but they drifted off to see Chase’s expression, and it was like seeing a little kid on Christmas day.

“Well, thank you Miss Knight, and I hope all goes well with your blog. Now back to you, Mark.” After the cameraman gave us the sign that we were off the air, I audibly sighed and had one of the people get the microphone off me. Once that was done, I rushed off the stage Aunt Lucy pulled me into a hug.

“You were perfect up there!” She said after she pulled away from me.

“Stop. Don’t even try. I cussed up there. Oh gosh, parents are going to think I’m such a bad influence.”

“You are not. Britton told me about all those people outside. Anyways, I think we can talk about all this later. There is someone else you need to make up with.” Aunt Lucy grabbed my shoulders and turned me around. I saw Chase still being detained my brother. I shook my head as I walked towards them.

“Can I beat him up now?” Britton asked a bit too eagerly.

“Not now, but maybe later. You can let go of him.” Sighing, Britton let go of Chase’s collar and walked back to Aunt Lucy.

“So...” I said.

“You wanted to give someone a second chance, huh?” he said, looking at me in a questionable way.

“I hope that person’s name is Chase.” Smiling, I looked up at him. It was a long time not seeing him and not feeling his arms wrap around me. I missed him.

“It is. You are free to explain.” Chase took a deep breath and spoke.

“I would never in a million years hurt you, Char. You are the only girl who knows me for who I truly am and I was such a lucky guy to have had an amazing girlfriend. Someone who was funny and cynical yet quiet and shy at times. And I didn’t kiss Alison because I wanted to, I never would have, but it all happened at the wrong time and the wrong place. I was waiting by your locker after the pep rally and she had came up telling me how you were done with me. So at that point I hyperventilating because I didn’t want to lose you and then Alison said she would help get us back together and I asked her how and then she pulled me into the kiss and you came. Char, I’m sorry. I didn’t like kissing. It didn’t feel the same with you. I would get butterflies in my stomach, and my hands would fit perfectly in your waist. Everything was wrong with her, but everything is right with you.” Chase stopped after that. I didn’t know if it was because he was out of breath or he had no more to say, but now it was my turn. However, I was speechless. I don’t know what more he could have said that would just make me stop thinking, but he knew what to say.

“I love you, Char. I always have and always will.” I grabbed Chase by the collar and pulled him in. I was right. I missed him so much.  As I cried in his shoulder, his hands rubbed circles  in my back.

“So, I’m guessing you forgive me?” I pull back from him and look at him.

“Yes, yes you are forgiven, you idiot.” My lips connected  to his before he could say anything and it was like the half of me that was missing was back. I felt Chase smile into the kiss and that just took me to another level of happiness.

“Okay, that’s enough you lovebirds.” Called Britton in what seemed like an angry tone.

“Britton, let them be.” said Aunt Lucy from beside him. Chase and I looked back at them and they were happy. Everything was back to normal.

“Char, you when I said all good things must come to an end?”

“Yeah.”

“Well that's because better things come along.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys,

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE ANYMORE THIS BOOK IS MOST OFFICIALLY DONE. i just have to write the Epilogue which is coming soon BUT OTHERWISE ITS DONE. OH JESUS LORD. MY CHARACTERS AND PLOT AND EVERYTHING IS DONE OH GOD IM SHAKING AND CRYING IS THIS HOW JK ROWLING FELT WHEN SHE FINISHED HP?!?! IM SICK AND LIKE HYPERVENTILATING OH GOD. I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS RATCHET BOOK AS MUCH AS I LOVED WRITING IT. IM SORRY IT WAS A SHORT CHAPTER BUT I JUST HAD TO GET  IT OUT AND YEAH. AND THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING BESIDE HE ALL ALONG FOR SUPPORTING MY BOOK FOR GETTING ME TO CLOSE TO A THOUSAND FANS AND 11K VOTES AND 380K READS LIKE THIS IS ALL SO INSANE OH GOSH. WORDS CAN NOT DESCRIBE HOW THANKFUL I AM FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. I LOVE YOU ALL. ALL YOU FLAWLESS POTATOES :) 

WITH SO MUCH LOVE THAT YOU WOULD NEED A YEAR TO CELEBRATE VALENTINES DAY,

ALEX :D (btw this is a pen name :))