Chapter 25: The Attack from the Hacker

I looked up to him. His green eyes looked intently at me, waiting for me to respond, but honestly, I was shocked. He said the ‘L’ word, the word that most boys would not even dare say. But here in front of me, Chase Parker, said it to me. My heart was racing at unsteady pace.

“I love you too, Chase.” I said and before I could say or do anything, Chase’s lips were on mine again. I felt him smile into the kiss causing me to smile as well. Hooking my arm around his neck, I went to deepen the kiss, however, my phone beeped. Ignoring it, I continued to kiss Chase, but my phone continuously beeped.

“Char, I think you should get that.” Said Chase as he pulled away from me. Sighing, I pulled out my phone. Apparently, I had reblogged something.

“I think my butt just reblogged something.” I said as I got off of Chase’s lap and sat next to him. I opened up the app for my blog and saw what I had accidently reblogged. And as soon as my blog opened up I regretted it.

“Charlotte, would you mind explaining how you reblogged a naked woman onto your blog? Did you do that?” asked Chase as he gave me a worried/suspicious look.

“Gosh! Of course not!” I screeched. There is absolutely no way I would ever reblog something like that.

“Show how did it get onto your blog?”

“How am I supposed to know?! You know what, I’m just going to delete it.” I said as I was about to delete the post when I got another notification regarding I had posted something. Curious, I refreshed my blog and saw a post.  

Title: Revealing myself

So the time has come for me to reveal myself. My name is Chelsea and I’m the real Anon. I’ll post a picture of me soon! First I have to go finish eating a jar of nutella!

Sincerely,

The Anon (or Chelsea)

My voice was caught me my throat. Chase placed his head on my shoulder so see what was happening. When he saw the post his eyes widened.

“This can’t be happening.” I whispered to no one in particular.

“This is bad. Someone hacked your account.” Chase said

“This is not happening. This chick is so not stealing my blog! She can’t even blog like me! She has no sass like me.”

“Char, calm down. All we got to do is call the blog support.” He said nonchalantly.

“Chase! I can’t just call them and be like ‘Oh, hey my blog just got hacked. Yes. Oh my blog name? The Anon. Oh yeah the famous blogger.’!”

“Char, you could always like tell them not to tell or you could ruin their lives through the internet or something like that. You know blackmail them.”

“Yeah, cause a teenager girl who is a junior in high school can totally blackmail a successful blogging site.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Give it a try before ‘Chelsea’ comes back blogs more naked women onto your blog.” Shuddering at the thought, I picked up my phone and search for the support number and found it. I dialed it and the ring kept on going. Sighing I was just about to end the call when I heard a voice on the other end of the line.

“Hi, umm hello! This is Blog support. How may I help you?” asked a timid voice. I’m pretty sure it belonged to a girl who was no older than 22.

“Um, hi, yeah my blog seems to have been hacked because there are these posts that I would never post. Can you help me change my password and all that stuff.” I said as I ran my hand through hair.

“Yes ma’am. Now what is your blog name?” asked the girl. My heart stopped and I began to chew on my nails. Chase swatted my hand away from my mouth and gave me the look to tell her.  Taking a deep breath I whispered it into the phone.

“The Anon.”

“I’m sorry ma’am I didn’t get that. Could you please repeat it?” the girl asked in a worried tone. She was nervous, but I think I was more nervous. Clearing my throat, I spoke again.

“The Anon.” I said clearly. There was no noise on the other side. I looked up and saw the city lights twinkling, but at this moment they looked like hospital lights, because that’s where I would be if my heartbeat wasn’t regulated soon.

“You’ve got to be kidding me. Like The Anon? The famous blogger? No way.” said the girl from the other side, disbelief evident in her voice.

“No no! Please believe me! My blog is hacked and this girl named Chelsea posted some naked women and I’m sure you follow my blog you know I would never do that. She even posted something go check it out.” I said in a hurried tone. I was so not losing my most prized possession to some imposter. Oh hell no. There was silence on the other end. I was sure she was looking through my blog finding the latest post. I then heard her laugh.

“You’re right. Your account has been hacked. There is no way you can just eat one jar of nutella. Plus you always have a little sass in your posts. All right, let me see what I can do.” she said.

“Thank you! Someone understands!”

“Ms.Anon, I have a couple questions, if you don’t mind. I’m just a huge fan of you.” she said as I could almost feel the excitement in her voice.

“Yeah go ahead.”

“Okay, so why don’t you want anyone to know who you are?”

“Um, I just don’t want to forget who I am. You know fame getting to people’s head and all that stuff, plus its nice when no one really knows who I am because get hated on for their opinions and stuff.”

“Yeah I understand, but you are so right about the teenage generation and some people are actually changing because of you.”

“I get that, but I don’t think it’s the right time to reveal who I am.”

“Oh and one more question, is your boyfriend hot?” she giggled through the phone. My cheeks heated up, but thank goodness it was dark because Chase didn’t see the blush on my cheeks. However, he did hear the word boyfriend. He looked up at me with a curious look and leaned near the phone to hear the conversation.

“Um, yeah he is hot.” I said as I blushed even more. Chase had a smirk on his face as he leaned back. I smacked his chest, so his ego wouldn’t get to him. His smirk grew even more and I just rolled my eyes at him.

“Aw, that’s great for you! Okay so I figured out how to reset your password.” Soon she helped me step by step to help get my blog back and made me set a strong password. Soon I was back on and those dirty posts were deleted before anyone could comment.

“Hey thanks for helping me out, but I need to ask you one more favor.” I said into the phone.

“I promise not to tell anyone who you are. It’s your story to tell not mine. Have a nice night, Ms. Anon.” Said the girl.

“Night.” And the phone line went dead. Sighing, it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulder.

“Now was that so hard?” asked Chase as he sat up.

“Easy for you to say, your internet life wasn’t about end.” Laughing he pulled me into a hug. Though his warmth was soothing something was wrong.

“So many things have been happening lately with my blog, Chase. Do you think it’s a sign that something bad is going to happen? Remember what the psychic said?” I asked looking at him. I hear him sigh audibly.

“Char, sometimes all good things must come to an end.”  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO THOSE WHO LIVE IN AMERICA!! I just wanted to thank you guys, so I posted this small chapter for you guys. Honestly, without you guys my book would be no where, so thanks for your sassy awesome comments and votes :)

eat a lot,

Alex :)