Chapter 23: The Hunt for Chase Parker

The rest of the date was just awkward. Mikey keep eyeing me suspiciously, but Emily was in her own world after she saw who replied to her. I could hardly choke down on my pasta which was super sad because it was really delicious. As we finished up and split up the bill, the four of us talked outside the restaurant a bit before leaving, But as the two male specimen in Emily’s and mine life went to get their cars, the two of us talked.

“So what do you think about Mikey?” she asked me as I wrapped my arms around my waist as the chilly october air swept past me. Well, I think he is quite creepy for giving me those suspicious stares.

“He’s a great guy, Em. You’re a lucky girl.” I said as I smiled at her.

“I’m lucky? This is coming from the girl who nailed the supermodel bad boy.” I blushed and looked at my scruffed up converse.

“Yeah, I guess I am.” I mumbled out.

“Though he hasn’t taken you out on an actual date or asked you to homecoming which is in like three weeks, by the way.” And that’s what caused me to whip my head up.

“What? Chase and I have been on a date together! We just went on one!” I said defending Chase.

“Char when I mean a date, I mean a one where you’re alone with him just like romanticizing with each other. This was a group date.” I stayed quiet for second and thought about it. Yeah, Chase hasn’t taken me out on a date or randomly thrown rocks at my window late at night and it’s because I didn’t want cliches in my life. But then again I’m a teenage girl so I want to have a fantasy like that. Don’t lie, every girl has a dream of being a princess.

“Yeah you’re right! I’m going to talk to him about it.” I said sternly and waved bye to Emily. Chase pulled up in his car and I opened the door and sat in the seat without saying a word.

“You okay?” he asked as I put my seatbelt on.

“Yeah why wouldn’t I be?” I said shrugging my shoulders.

“Okay, I know what this is about.” He said as he turned to me and grabbed my hand. I quirked my eyebrow and looked at him to continue.

“It’s about the whole Mikey being suspicious, right?” He said.

“Actually it’s not about Mikey. It’s you Chase Parker! That’s what it is about.” I said as I let go of his hand. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked at me like I was insane.

“Me? What did I do?”

“You did nothing, is the thing! Chase, you and I have never been on a date. Together. Alone. You know having a picnic under the stars or something cliche like that?” I said, giving him ‘how-stupid-can-you-be’ look.

“Char, I thought you weren’t into cliche dates?” He said trying to get me to be a hypocrite.

“Well why didn’t you ask me to homecoming, yet?

“I remember you clearly stating ‘homecoming is not worth the hype because it allows the closeness of other sweaty teenagers’.”

“Well, I change my mind! I’m a girl, I’m allowed to do that!”

“Girls are so frustrating! Fine you want a homecoming proposal, you’re going to get one. Fine?” He huffed out angrily

“Fine!” I yelled back at him and crossed my arms across my chest and in silence we drove home. As soon as I got home I got out of the car and walked to through the front door slamming it behind me while throwing my bag to the side recklessly.