Chapter 28: Dress Prep but Don't have Pep

My name was the talk of the town. We’ll those who followed my blog, which was basically the entire teenage population of the U.S. However, revealing my name didn’t allow me to have some sort of relief. Instead it was like I was carrying the world on my shoulders. I felt like everyone was looking at me suspecting I was ‘The Anon’. People came up to me and would talk about ‘The Anon’ and I had the same name. Even my brother came up to me and would not stop talking about how lucky I was to be named ‘Charlotte’ like ‘The Anon’. Sometimes I just felt like shaking my head at him and telling him what a dumbass he is sometimes. Honestly, I sometimes fuck up big time and leave way too many obvious clues, but then again the teenage generation is starting to lack in IQ points. But as I walked down to the stairs to the kitchen on this Thursday morning, Britton would not get off my back about ‘The Anon’.

“But Char! You and ‘The Anon’ have the same name! She’s a celebrity and since you have the same name as her you are also a celebrity!” reasoned Britton with himself as I reached for the cereal box that was way above my head. Even standing on my toes I couldn’t reach it. Britton stood next to me and just stretched out his arm and got the box. He then proceeded to hand me the box with a winning smirk. Rolling my eyes, I got myself and Britton a bowl for our cereal.  He sat across from me as I poured out the cereal into my bowl.

“So, you’re coming to the pep rally right?” asked Britton as I passed the cereal and grabbed the milk.

“We have a pep rally?” I asked definitely oblivious to these things.

“Charlotte! It’s the homecoming game on Friday!” he said grabbing the milk from me in a rather aggressive manner.

“Well, sorry! Okay, I’ll go, but just because I’m there don’t expect me to be all peppy. That’s why you have cheerleaders.” I say looking at him. Britton smiled in return and shoved his face with cereal.

“Way to be barbaric. How does Stella put up with you again?” I ask waving my spoon at him.

“Well you think she would be all petite and delicate, but man can she chow down.” He said in a wondrous tone.

“Well, that is great to know, but before you get a mushy and romantic let’s get to school.” I said as I grabbed my bag from beside me. Britton’s cheeks turned red but soon he recovered and looked at me before we left the house.

“Please, don’t tell me Chase and you don’t get all romantic either.” he said as he sauntered past me, as I was left behind looking like a tomato.

*

As I stepped out of the car and into the schoolyard everyone’s eyes were on me. Adjusting my backpack strap, I kept my head down and started walking into school. But a little freshman blocked my way. I was already looking down at her so we were already making eye contact so I had to talk to her. The little freshman looked at me with wide eyes and a her mouth hung open.

“Are you the girl named Charlotte?” she asked in a timid voice, most likely afraid I might bite her head off.

“Yes.” I said cutting this conversation as short as possible.

“Oh. You are so lucky to have to the same name as ‘The Anon’.” She giggled and then walked to her friends who were looking at her with awe. Shaking my head at the rather weird looks I was getting, I made it to my locker without anyone telling me about my name. As I got there and started to turn the dial for my locker, a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist and turned my body around. Chase’s face was only inches away from mine. A small smile crept onto my face.