Chapter 31: Better Things to Come

Start from the beginning

“Charlotte, do not move. There is a spider on your arm.” And that was just about when all hell broke loose.

“No! Not today! I am not going to die today!” I unbuckle my seat belt and thrash around a bit before getting a hold of the door handle and opening the car door. I ran a good 20 feet from the car before I knew it was safe to even talk.

“Burn the car, Britton!” I yell at him as I rub my arms up and down to get rid of the goosebumps. But before I could breakdown any further about this spider situation I saw Britton clapping his hands and laughing like a seal.

“Oh lord, you should have seen your face. Priceless.”

“Screw you, Britton” I hiss at him and go to punch him but he grabs my wrist and drags me towards the entrance of the building.

“Britton! I refuse to go in there!”

“Char, it’s not like you’re getting a shot in the doctor's office. Now hush up before someone thinks I’m murdering someone.”

“You might not, but I might.” I mutter to myself.

“What was that?” Britton asked, and just as I was about to reply I saw it. Well, not ‘it’ but them. People, to be more exact. It was a crowd of teenagers waiting at the entrance, who all turned towards Britton and I. Now I would have expected them to run over to us and jump on us, but instead they all calmly walked over with big smiles.

“You’re Charlotte Knight? Gosh, you're prettier in person!” exclaimed a girl in the back of the crowd.

“Oh... um thanks, I guess? Sorry, I don’t know how to respond.” I saw trying to way to her over the crowd.

“I can’t wait to see your interview!” said a boy who was near the front.

“Oh god, I’m going to be horrendous. Please, if you guys put my interview on the internet, then take out all the parts where I miss up. But that might be the entire thing.” Everyone in the crowd chuckled and so did I. Well, I didn’t really chuckle I kind of did that nervous, hyperventilating laugh.

“Hey, is that your brother?” asked a girl as she gave my brother a flirty look. Rolling my eyes, I wiggled out of Britton’s grasp and tried put my arm around his shoulder, even though he was way taller than me.

“Yup. This is Britton. Britton, these are the people of the internet.” Britton awkwardly waved and then leaned into whisper something to me.

“How can you tell they are from the internet?”

“The bags under the eyes from non-stop tv show watching, fandom shirts, and they knew me, the famous internet blogger.” I say as I flip my hair. Now it was Britton’s turn to roll his eyes.

“Sorry guys, but we got to go inside.” Said Britton as he began to usher me inside. Before the door closed for the building I waved at the people outside. With the same smile I meet them with, I continued into the building. Britton and I stopped at the front desk, where a middle age woman directed us to main shooting area. People with headgear in were walking around holding clipboards and yelling multiple things. Just as I was starting to turn into some sort of lost puppy, lady called my name.

“You must be the famous Charlotte Knight. It’s finally nice to meet you. My name’s Ashley Burnett. I’ll be your interviewer.” As I shook hands with her, I noticed how her hair was tied up in a bun and how professional she looked. I obviously did not get the memo.

“Now, you can go ahead and sit up on the chair, and once the anchors go over the main news they will pan over to us. I’ll just ask you some questions, no need to freak out.” Easy for her to say. I walked onto the stage and hoisted myself onto the chair and waited patiently until the interviewer sat beside me in the high chair. I looked back off stage to find not only Britton, but also Aunt Lucy, who was clasping her hands with joy, and Chase, who was being held by the collar by Britton. I didn’t if I should have been mad to have Chase here or happy, but unfortunately I didn’t have enough time to sort out my teenage emotions at the moment because the interview started.