Chapter One-Hello

Life is hard when you have a stuck-up-his-own-ass coworker.

"Come on. Why wouldn't you want to date yours truly? Also known as one of the most desired police officers in the entire force here?"

"For the 20th time today Seokjin, no. I have no interest in dating."

I think I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Seoyeon. Seoyeon Kim. I'm a detective in the police force in Seoul, Korea, in case that wasn't obvious enough. The man who is currently trying to get me to date him is Kim Seokjin. Thank god a detective tends to work alone.

I guess I shouldn't lie. Seokjin IS rather handsome and is also very popular among the female police here, but honestly I don't want him as a boyfriend or even a friend. Wouldn't he just adore himself all day?

"Oh sorry princess, but I have some ladies that are in need of my presence. I'll be off now." Seokjin winks and walks off to two ladies that are blushing from behind a desk. What an asshole. We get it, you love yourself.

I walk off to my own desk which is across the room in the corner. Although the corner is a bit lonely, I get time to myself and there's a window next to me with a lovely view of the city. I'm working on some paperwork when I get a call. Picking up the phone, I hear my boss. Yikes.

"Kim. Office. Asap please." He says in a stern tone and hangs up.

"Good morning to you too..." I mutter to myself and get up from my chair.

I walk into the office nervously. Did I do anything wrong? The only thing I can think of is that I rejected Seokjin. Not sorry.

"Ms.Kim, I have a case for you. You recall the news going around about that serial killer? Well we managed to find his last location and he'll probably be on the move again. As our top detective, I want you to find him, gain his trust, and turn him in. Smooth and slick. Got it?" Mr.Ryu hands me a folder with some files.

"Yes sir. When do I dispatch?" I ask, bowing.

"Tomorrow morning. Don't get this wrong, he's dangerous and I don't want to lose my best woman."

Well he's still got that nice side.

I thank Mr.Ryu and walk out the door. I open the file. It shows some finger prints found on a victim's clothes. It also says his last whereabouts and past crimes. I sigh and start thinking about when I can just sleep with no worries. Just 4 more hours Seoyeon, you can make it.

At last its time for me to leave and I pack quickly for home. I catch the bus and watch from the window as the sky turns to night. Before I enter my apartment, I catch a bite to eat and even snag a great bargain on some shoes.

While getting into bed after a hot shower, I start thinking about my past assignments. I've tracked down a drug dealer, and some regular bad guys. But a serial killer? I wonder if I can handle turn him in, never mind gain his trust first. Just go to sleep, I tell myself. I fall asleep listening to the pouring rain against the window, worried and excited about what's to come tomorrow.