Jayden's Confession.

Chapter 30:

Sophia's POV:

I am going to find out what is wrong with Jayden. It's worrying me so much so I need to know. Jake moved in two weeks and it's been great so far. Everyone loves him, even James, surprisingly. They're quite good friends now and I'm so glad. The bell rings loudly, interrupting me from my thoughts and signalling that class is over and lunch has started. I hate when I get snapped out of my thoughts like that. I try get up off my chair which was to no avail. Charlie gets up off his desk beside me and chuckles softly while watching me trying to get up.

"Quit standing there and help me! You can see that a pregnant woman needs help here!" I order. Charlie chuckles louder and guides me up, holding up my back and pulling my arms forward carefully.

"I'm sorry, I just found it so funny watching you that I wanted to keep seeing you squirm around like that," he explains with a grin.

"I need to find Emily and Jayden," I note.

"Let's go find them then. Is everything all right?"

"Yeah, I'm just going to ask what's been up with him leaving all the time and Emily going off with him. He's my best friend and I love him so much. He needs to tell me what's wrong, I deserve to know. I always tell him things about me, he used to but now I feel like he doesn't want to confide in me anymore, sometimes he can't even look at me." Charlie stops in the middle of the hall, suddenly.

"Soph, there's more to it than you think. He does tell you everything, bar this one thing, it's really best if you don't find out, he doesn't want you to. Not in a mean way or anything, it's just best, we all agree."

"So he told everyone else besides from me? What type of best friend is he? Am I not his best friend anymore? Is it because I've been spending time with Jake? What's going on? I can't believe he told you all before me! What's wrong, Charlie, please tell me, I'm so worried."

"I can't, it's his decision. It's difficult to explain why you can't know, he doesn't mean to hurt you by not telling you this. Jake doesn't know this either because of, well, an obvious reason that I again can't explain. Just leave it be, Soph, or shit will get messed up and none of us want that. Look, here, they're coming over to us. Don't tell either of them what I've told you, I wasn't allowed say a word."

"Hey, baby," Emily greets, wrapping her arms around Charlie in a hug while he kisses her cheek. I smile my thanks at him and he smiles back. I still want to know though and I think I'm still going to ask. "Hey, Soph, how's my niece and nephew?" She bends down and kisses the curve of my belly twice and then hugs me.

"Great, like usual, they were kicking earlier. Can you do me a big favour and tell Jake to wait for me in the lunch hall with the rest of you? I need to get something at my locker with Jayden." Charlie opens his mouth to object because he had an idea of what I was planning to do but I interrupt him, "Tell him I'll be there in ten minutes.

"Fine," Charlie sighs, giving me a small smile.

"What's wrong with you?" Emily asks, studying him with concern.

"Nothing, let's leave these two be, Ems, let's go for lunch. Bye, guys, see you later," Charlie says, taking her hand. Emily gives Jayden and me a kiss on the cheek and says her goodbyes after we bid them farewell. They walk off and I was left with Jayden giving me a big, welcoming smile.

"Let's go to your locker," he suggests.

"I don't need to go, I need to talk to you about something," I disclose. His expression changes from happiness to complete worry and nervousness.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just need to know something, that's all. You've been worrying me, you keep walking off, Jake says he's even seen your face and eyes all red from crying. What's been going on, Jay? Charlie's told me you've told everyone else what's up except for Jake and me. Have we upset you or something? Do you not like Jake?"