Picnic On The Beach.

Chapter 27:

Sophia's POV:

"For my beautiful birthday girl," Jake greets, handing me the flowers and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Aw, Jake, they're beautiful," I gasp. They were black roses with lavender surrounding them; he knew they were my favourite. I know they're an odd combination but I thought they were the most beautiful flowers. "Thank you so much."

"Anything for you, my love," he winks. I start giggling and Zoey comes down the hall.

"Oh sorry, Soph, I didn't know who was at the door," she apologises.

"It's fine, Zo, can you put these in some water in my bedroom and tell the others I'm going?" I ask.

"Of course, you guys have fun. Bye!" she smiles, taking the flowers. We say our goodbyes as I depart out the door with Jake. He locks arms with me on the way and kisses my cheek again.

"Happy birthday, Sophia, how are you feeling?" he inquiries as we walk to his car.

"I'm feeling great, today just keeps getting better and better."

"I hope I can make it even more wonderful then." He opens the car door for me and guides me inside like a gentlemen, again another corny move. I don't care how corny he is, it's so sweet. He gets in the other side and starts the car.

"So where are we going?"

"Can't tell you, you'll have to wait and see," he smirks.

"Aw please, please, please tell me!" I beg, giving him my best puppy dog face.

"Nope, I won't cave in. It's a surprise." As much as I love surprises I hate them. I'm very impatient, I can't wait, I need to know now! "Close your eyes," he orders. I close them slightly, hoping he won't notice them a bit open. "Ah-ah, close them fully." I sigh and close them fully this time. "That's my girl." A smile forms on my lips when I hear him say "girl". Yup, I'm his girl. I just love saying that! After a fifteen minute drive he stops the car.

"Can I open them now?" I question.

"No, not yet. You can't look, okay; if you do you'll ruin it."

"I promise." He goes out of the car and I hear my door open. He takes both my hands. "Jake, I can't see; I might fall."

"Don't worry, baby, I got you. I won't let you fall, here, honey." He lifts me out bridal style and I giggle like a freaking maniac.

"I don't know how you can lift me," I note.

"You're actually not heavy, you're very light even though that bump is so big," he chuckles. I would hit him too like I hit Zach earlier but if I hit him he might drop me, so best not to do that. He carefully puts me on my feet and wraps his arms around my waist, kisses my neck and nuzzles his nose against the back of my neck. "You can open them now." Instinctively I open my eyes and look at the building in front of me. AWWW, it was a spa, yes! I wanted some pampering, I need some pampering. "This isn't just it by the way, there's other stuff. After here we're going somewhere else, then I'm giving you your presents and doing something special."

"Jake, this is so kind but that's so much stuff. I don't deserve all this."

"Yes you do and I'm giving it to you. Now let's relax." I nod excitedly and we go into the spa. After two hours of relaxation and pampering while chatting we go back into the car. This time I didn't have to close my eyes. The next place took a half an hour to get to, it was the beach. Today was hot, fortunately. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, the sand was white and the sea and sky were a light blue. We take off our shoes and walk onto the beach while I rest my head on his shoulder as we walked. After a few minutes of walking, Jake leads me to a place closed off on the beach. There was a picnic basket, picnic blankets, candles for when it got dark, a guitar and something in a big box beside the picnic basket.