23

𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐝𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦  | "𝘁𝗼 𝘂𝘀"⋆ ⋆ ⋆

𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐝
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦
  | "𝘁𝗼 𝘂𝘀"

"I love you."

The three words she had longing to hear finally fell from his lips, and it was not because she said it first. He had said it because he felt like it and wanted her to know.

"What?" She whispered, still a bit shook because she never expected to hear it so soon, "You're not saying this bec-"

"I'm saying this because well, fuck-" Luke spoke up, pulling back from where he was hugging Logan to look into her curious eyes. "I'm fucking in love with you, Logan."

Seeing how serious Luke was while he spoke made realization hit her hard. He was so damn serious about it that she was fully aware of the tall and lanky boy that kept a firm hold on her was speaking nothing but the truth.

Wandering her hands through his curly hair as she looked at him kept him thinking she wasn't sure what to answer. And he understood that. Luke knew he just threw the three meaningful words at her without any second thoughts, but he wasn't able to keep them to himself any longer.

"I'm surprised," She smiled brightly at him, showing him that she was glad he spoke his thoughts out loud, "When I started working here you were nothing but a cold hearted and egocentric asshole that only cared about his work getting done."

This has Luke chuckling, mainly because he knew Logan was one hundred percent right about that. "I can't deny I'm a work-a-holic no."

"And?"

"And I also can't deny that I was cold hearted and egocentric. I'm sorry for that." Luke told her, fingers grazing her arms as they trailed up and down her skin.

She sighed playfully, placing her hands onto his T-shirt covered chest, "Mhm, I guess I can forgive you for that, Mr Hemmings."

He raised his eyebrows, "Oh? Really? I'm glad then," Luke told her, leaning forward so his nose was lightly brushing hers. He let his hands rest onto her lower back to push her closer to his body, Luke's nose now brushing along her jawline.

The gesture made Logan's eyes close, the feeling radiating throughout her whole body. She kept a firm hold on Luke's shoulders as he showered small kisses along her neck, collarbones and jaw.

"I love you baby," Luke had whispered so quietly that Logan didn't know if she actually heard it or that she just imagined the sweet words.

Either way, she pushed Luke's chin up with her hand before she cupped his cheeks and placed a kiss onto Luke's lips. "You have to leave me soon though huh?"

Luke sighed and nodded his head slightly, "I just have to go to the office for an hour or so, which leaves me with enough time to go back home and celebrate New Years Eve with my favorite girl."

Logan smiled and nodded quickly, "You do that and I'll be waiting here for you."

>

"Baby?"

Candles lit up the room as well as they made the area smell like vanilla when Luke returned back home after an hour, just like he told Logan he would.

Patting bare footsteps were heard coming from the kitchen, where he found the brunette standing with a bottle of champagne in one hand and two glasses in the other. "Hi." She chuckled softly.

Luke noticed her damp hair, which meant that she obviously had showered in the hour he was gone. He took a look at her and also noticed she was wearing a silky black outfit, containing high waisted shorts and a V-neck cropped top. She looked phenomenal.

"It's only ten minutes before the clock hits midnight," She told him, placing down the bottle and glasses before she took Luke's hands in hers and tangled their fingers together.

"You sound like someone out of a fairytale." Luke jokingly smiled, placing a small kiss onto her forehead to greet her, since he hadn't gotten around to do that just yet.

Logan chuckled, "I like to think I'm a princess because someone calls me one." She raised a curious eyebrow before laughing, "What I meant was that this year only exists for another ten minutes, and I don't know what you're willing to do?"

Luke shrugged his shoulders, "I can think of a few things," He mumbled, placing a kiss onto her smiling lips, "Why are you so dressed up, beautiful? Any plans you forgot to tell me about?"

Logan smiled, cheeks turning pink as she watched Luke's eyes scan her face, "I- uhm- not really, I just really wanted to look nice. That's all."

Luke chuckled once again, brushing a piece of hair behind her ear, "Can I tell you something?" He mumbled, Logan nodding, "You don't have to try to look nice, you always do."

After moving towards the couch and opening the bottle of champagne, the pair decided to talk about resolutions and what kind of dreams they had when they were younger - hoping they would come out whenever the new year started.

"I guess it's time to think of another dream," Logan said, nodding her head towards the TV, where a clock covered the screen as it was counting down from ten.

Luke stood up from his seat, a little wobbly because of the alcohol and took Logan's hands in his before sighing softly, "Oh my love, I don't have any dreams anymore. Just you, that's all."

Logan chuckled, watching how the New Year had begun and how fireworks brightly lit the screen. She turned her head to meet Luke's happy gaze, hands settled onto his waist, "I love you, Luke Hemmings. Happy new year, to us."