43

𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐝
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 | "long time no see."
⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Logan cleared her throat whilst fiddling with the silver ring on her middle finger. A shaky breath fell from her lips as she watched the time tick by on the clock right next to the entrance, keeping an eye on the door ever since she came in.

When her phone dinged, she felt her heart drop because of the anxiety kicking in, but felt a small smile appearing on her lips as she watched the contact name.

bby hemmings
kick her fuckin ass baby girl, im sure you look hot whilst doing so ;)

Luke's words caused some of her nerves to die down for a minute, until the bell above the door rang and an all too familiar face came into view.

Logan felt a shiver run down her spine as she watched Clarice come into the small diner, sending her a small and barely visible smile. It was hard for Logan to not stand up and smack her across the face for what she'd done to her and Luke, but the girl pushed her pettiness away to greet her 'friend' like she usually would.

"Hi girl!" Clarice exclaimed, opening her arms to greet Logan and give her a friendly hug. "Long time no see."

Logan rolled her eyes as the girl embraced her so called friend, faking a smile once she pulled back. "I know, I've been a lil busy these past few days."

"How's Mr Hotmings?" She smiled politely, although Logan was able to see right through her and notice the smile was incredibly fake. "I haven't heard you talk about him since forever."

The brunette chuckled out of petty, hearing how her so called best friend was showing interest was hilarious to her. Although she was feeling like this, Logan was glad Clarice didn't notice the annoyed tone in her voice when she answered, "Ever since the whole article came out we barely even spoke."

Lying through her teeth was something Logan despised doing, but at this right exact point she knew she had to before her whole entire love life was out on the streets.

She noticed Clarice set up a pout, her lips curled outwards and a small frown on her pressed face. "Oh yeah! I saw that too. The whole situation about you going back to Collin right?"

Logan cleared her throat, trying her hardest to not roll her eyes at the fake empathic act Clarice was currently putting up. It was disgusting to see how her supposedly best friend was straight up lying to her, and Logan wasn't buying any single thing coming from her mouth at this point.

"Mhm," Logan mumbled, trying to mask the fact she was already tired of Clarice's bullshit by taking a sip of her black coffee. The coffee was still at its boiling hot point, and Logan thought to herself it wasn't going to take long before she herself shot up to this point as well, the anger in her rising by the minute.

"So I've been thinking," Logan spoke up, clearing her throat to make sure the monotone blend in her voice was long gone, "You haven't talked to me about Calum ever since I last saw you together. Everything ok?"

Logan was trying her best to sound interested and to shift the attention towards Clarice instead of herself, just so she didn't have any chance to get a story out of Logan and twist the fuck out of it for a scoop and some dirty money.

Clarice sighed softly, folding her hands together on the table before shaking her head, "I uh- I don't really feel like talking about it."

Logan raised an eyebrow, not quite understanding what could've happened because Calum was a total sweetheart who wouldn't even hurt a fucking fly. This caused Logan to think that Clarice was the one fucking things up, and after she leaked nonsense to the tabloids it wasn't a surprise.

"You don't want to talk about it?" Logan asked her seriously, the frown on her face seeming prominent after the statement Clarice just made. She set up a fake smile, "I didn't want to talk about the whole situation either, but suddenly my life was in a fucking magazine because of you, Clarice."

Her eyes widened quickly and her mouth hung slightly agape when Logan called her out, obviously putting her in her place was something Clarice never expected Logan to do. "I- I- uh.."

Logan scooted her chair back before standing up, "Don't need an explanation because I now truly understand how fucking jealous you are and always have been. You were supposed to be supportive but whenever shit hit the fan you did a 180 and turned your back to me. You're not a friend of mine Clarice, you're a backstabbing enemy and I fucking despise you."

With those words, Logan grabbed her purse and phone from the table and gave her one last look. She had the tears pooling in her eyes, but Logan didn't really care about how she was feeling right now because she did this to herself. "Oh and stay the fuck away from Calum too. You don't want him to find out what you did, do you?"

Clarice stayed silent, which was the cue for Logan to leave and know she was completely right about this whole situation. It was obvious Clarice was the one leaking shit to the tabloids when it wasn't even the truth, the evidence clear in her behavior.

Logan felt the soft breeze blowing her hair out of her face as soon as she stepped out of the small diner, a sincere smile finally appearing on her face. The satisfaction of putting Clarice in her place was something Logan hoped she'd never feel, but now that it was done it was something she wish she had done sooner.

She fished her phone out of her purse before opening up the text conversation with Luke, a wave of relief washing over her once she sent the text.

to: bby hemmings
her ass has finally been kicked (:

Almost immediately, as if he was waiting for her to text him, Luke replied to her text.

bby hemmings
so proud of u
now pls get your pretty face back home

It was approximately twenty minutes later when Logan stepped through the front door of Luke's apartment. Her senses immediately filled with the smell of carbonara pasta and cotton scented candles when she took off her oversized leather jacket, hanging it up on the coat rack before turning the corner.

It was a nice surprise to see Luke standing in the kitchen, scooping the pasta onto the black plates he had set out to be served. A tea towel hung around his neck as he hummed a tune that was unfamiliar to Logan, not quite noticing his girl had stepped foot into the apartment at all.

She approached him and cleared her throat, wrapping her arms around his waist while she stood behind him. He immediately relaxed in her hold, placing one of his big hands onto her two smaller ones before giving it a comforting squeeze.

"I never knew how much I needed you to be my personal chef," Logan grinned, her voice soft, "But now that you're cooking I can assure you I need to see this more often, Mr. Hemmings."

Luke chuckled, his voice raspy when the sound left his lips, "You didn't even taste the pasta yet, darling."

"No need," Logan smiled softly, reaching up to plant a kiss onto his cheek, "Not that I don't appreciate it, because I sure as hell do, but why the dinner and all the candles, babe? Thought you were working late tonight."

Luke put away the pan, turning around in her grasp before he cupped her cheeks with his hands. His thumb brushed over her lip before he let out a smile, "Just wanted to show you how much I adore you. I know you love your pasta so- I don't even know if I've done this correctly or whatever-"

Logan chuckled, accidentally cutting him off. She shook her head, "Luke, I fuckin' adore you, but sometimes you just talk too much."

He scoffed playfully, jokingly continuing, "Lo, if you want me to kiss you, you could've said that in a way nicer way."

+

finally a new chapter woohooo!! found my inspiration back after what felt like the longest time

is anyone still reading this lmao??? if you are, you're the biggest gem ever and ILYSM <3