10

𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐝
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯 | "𝗶 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂."

From across the guest room, where Logan was already deeply nuzzled underneath the warm and cozy sheets, she could see Luke was still awake as well. The slit underneath the door betrayed him as the light of his room illuminated the small crack underneath her own.

She had heard the soft sounds of The 1975 when she passed his door before taking a shower and making ready for bed and guessed that he wanted to be alone for a while.

And Logan was okay with it. They weren't a couple, and they didn't have to be together twenty four seven and so, having time for themselves was fine. She wondered what exactly they were. Friends? Slightly more than that? Logan wasn't exactly sure.

Her eyes wandered around the lit room, a deep sigh escaping her lips once she found her black jeans folded up on the chair in the corner of the light blue room, the envelope placed on top of it.

She was curious as to what Collin had to say, and that's why she found herself padding over towards the chair, grasping the paper between her fingers before heading back to the bed, sitting down onto the soft mattress.

She ripped the envelope open with her pinky, fishing the folded paper out of it. After she rubbed her eyes, Logan found herself unfolding the paper before she was able to stop herself.

Hi Logan,

I've been thinking about us for the past few days and came to realization that maybe, just maybe, I haven't been there for you as much as you needed me. And I want to apologize for that.

I also want to tell you I'm sorry because I overreacted, but then again, I don't feel ashamed for doing so. I love you, and that's why I was mad. I was jealous.

Don't get me wrong in any way, I still love you to bits, but for now, I guess it's better for us to go our own ways. The baby thing is something I have wanted forever, and I now understand that you've had enough of it and I just have to find someone else who's willing to be with me so we can achieve that one day. It's okay if we go our separate ways as I don't want to pressure you in any sort of way.

I don't want things to change between us as you made yourself to be a huge part of my life. So whenever you feel the need to ever talk to someone or to just get some stuff you need, please don't mind coming back to me for anything.

For now, I've packed your stuff because I can't stand to see them scattered around onto the floor, you and I both know that I hate your mess, haha. And I think (and hope) you've already found another place to stay.

Please be safe and promise to call me whenever you feel the need to.

Bye for now,
Collin x

Her heart skipped a beat or two, and a few tears managed to escape her eyes before she knew it. It hit Logan hard that everything had been officially over between Collin and her, and that he, as said, was already looking for someone else to find love with.

Shaking hands and ugly sobs were the only two things that were controlling Logan's body as if right now, and she found herself staining her white sheets with the left over mascara that was on her lashes just seconds before.

It was as if Collin didn't even felt shitty about all of this, the words from his letter were nothing but simple. "I don't want things to change between us" and "I think you've already found another place to stay."

As if Logan didn't feel anything about it. As if she wasn't upset about their break up. He broke things off by writing her a letter instead of manning up to tell her this face to face?

She inhaled deeply, although it sounded nothing but incredibly shaky. She needed comfort, someone who'd hold her and told her everything would be okay.

In a heartbeat, she stood up, holding onto the railing of the bed to balance herself because all the thoughts crumbled up into her head caused her to have a huge headache.

Opening the door of the bedroom, she noticed the light in Luke's room was still on and she mentally shot a thank you up high before knocking on the door impatiently.

His muffled voice sounded from the other side of the door, telling her to come in. And so she did, Luke's awaiting face visible when she stepped into the room.

"Are you okay?" He whispered, placing his phone onto the nightstand before sitting up straight, the sheets falling down to his lap.

She lightly shook her head, the lump in her throat letting her fail from speaking. A small sob then fell from her lips and Luke's frown fell into a sad face once he saw her standing there.

"Come here," He said, stretching out his arms for her to crawl in. And so, she climbed onto the bed and immediately pressed her crying face into the crook of Luke's neck.

He had seen her fumbling with an envelope earlier this day and so he assumed Logan crying had to do something with it. He quickly wrapped his arms around her fragile and shaking body, a kiss placed onto her temple afterwards.

"Just rest Lo," He told her quietly, stroking her slightly damp hair as he stared at the ceiling. "Just calm down."

He felt guilty. Guilty for taking her away from Collin, taking her away from such a comfortable zone and throwing her into the deep end by making her spend so much time with him.

That's what you intended to do right?

"I'm so sorry," He whispered, squeezing her softly before resting his forehead onto her hair, closing his eyes tightly.

After a while of crying, comforting and just enjoying the silence, Luke was sure Logan fell asleep because she was so quiet and barely moved her body besides her chest rising up and down.

He carefully leaned down so he could rest on his back, slowly pulling Logan along with him. He admired her bare face, his hand placed onto her jaw and his thumb brushing over her cheek.

"I'll take care of you, for as long as I have to. I promise you."