09

𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐝
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 | "𝗶𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘄."
⋆ ⋆ ⋆

@lukehemmings: man, dont take anything for granted before someone else is there to take your place 😬

"That, my lovely but dumb friend, is a love clarification towards you." Clarice smirked, her eyes trained onto the picture Luke had just uploaded on Instagram.

The two best friends had been currently stalking him since he had finally followed Logan back after she caught him stalking her Instagram while they were at the coffee place.

"You can hardly see it's me, right?" Logan sighed, wrapping her hands around the hot mug filled with strawberry tea. "I don't want to cause any trouble."

Clarice shook her head, "Nah, don't think so. What I am able to see is that Luke thinks you're hot as fuck plus he admires you. Otherwise he wouldn't have thrown this pic on his page. Let alone choose this fucking caption."

Logan sighed deeply, covering her face with her small hands. She had enjoyed Luke's company yesterday- heck, even so much she fell asleep on him with her drool on his shirt.

"I'm afraid that's the only thing he likes about me." Logan sighed, placing her mug onto the table in front of them, "I can't seem to figure out what he's feeling, he isn't showing me a single fucking thing."

Clarice chuckled softly, patting Logan's leg softly before liking the picture and handing the device back to her friend. "You've only known him for about two months now and Collin already got mad because you were so 'infatuated' with him. This dude has his ways, let me tell you."

If you only knew, Clarice.

"Yeah, he's kind of good at overreacting sometimes," She mumbled, scrolling through the few texts Luke had sent her while being at work this morning.

From Luke: hi, I'm sorry I wasn't there when you woke up!! I hope you had a nice sleep :-)

From Luke: I'll be back at around five, want me to get some Chinese food?

From Luke: fuck that, everybody loves Chinese food so I'm just gonna bring us some

It currently being around three, with Clarice leaving in about a few minutes, Logan had lots of time to take a shower, clean up a bit around the house and just chill on the couch.

"I will call you later on my love!" Clarice called from the front door, and Logan realized she didn't even notice her friend stand up and walk there. "Don't forget to tell me the dirty things you and Mr. Hemmings do!"

Rolling her eyes, Logan stood up and heard the door slam closed which indicated her best friend had just left Luke's house.

She chuckled at their previous conversation, and perverted things and gossiping seemed to be the two major subjects Clarice always seemed to talk about. Logan didn't mind, as she got some good talk out of it as well.

It had been about a week of staying at Luke's house, and everything was going well. They were getting along greatly, and she was sure they were great friends now.

She hadn't heard anything from Collin, which kind of surprised her. He had always been the one to keep in contact, even when they were fighting. But right now? Nothing.

Luke had told her to go and get some stuff later on after dinner, and she was slightly nervous. She knew that Collin worked unevenly on Thursdays, and so it was going to be nerve wracking because she didn't know if she'd see him or not.

Despite everything, Luke coming along kind of calmed her down. He always seemed to calm her down.

>

After taking a shower, eating Chinese and admiring how Luke looked in just sweatpants and a simple shirt, it was now time for them to get some stuff.

"Are you nervous?" Luke asked her, stopping the car in front of Collin's house, the one that she used to come home to every day for the past two years.

Logan sighed softly, looking up to meet Luke's curious eyes, "I mean, a little. I don't like it when people yell at me or whatsoever, so," She trailed off, pressing her fingers against her temples in the hope to stop her upcoming headache.

"Just go grab some stuff and leave, I'll be here waiting for you alright?" Luke's voice silently rung through the fancy car, and the comforting tone in it made Logan relax a little bit.

He reached forward to grab one of her hands, taking it in his own before tangling their fingers together and pressing a quick kiss onto her burning skin. "You'll be fine, Lo."

She nodded her head slowly, feeling the crimson red creep up her neck and cheeks at Luke's actions. "Alright."

Just after that, she opened the door and felt Luke release her hand slowly, his blue eyes focused on her every move until she was inside and he basically had no clue what was happening in there.

Just grab some stuff and leave.

She repeated those words in her head while she made her way through the hallway, to be greeted with an empty living room and an empty kitchen.

She furrowed her eyebrows. This could've been her sign that Collin wasn't at home, and when she avoided the few creaky steps of the stairway and made it upstairs, she knew she was the only one in the house.

At the foot of the unmade bed she found a large bag with her clothes and two boxes. One with her shoes and one with other belongings like her old pictures and toiletries.

On one of the boxes she found an envelope with her name written on it. She found herself curious, but stuffed the white paper into the back pocket of her shorts, ready to read it later on as she didn't wanted to come face to face with Collin right now.

She made sure she left everything neat and then got the boxes downstairs quickly, the duffel bag hanging onto her shoulders.

When Luke saw her opening the front door, he quickly made his way over to her, ready to get a box filled with her belongings. "How did you box it so quickly?"

She laughed softly, "I didn't, Collin already put everything aside. How generous."

Luke furrowed his eyebrows before rolling his eyes, placing the box into the car and rushed back to get the other one while Logan got the bag into the car as well.

"Well, I guess my home is yours then, huh?"