Chapter 26 - An Attack.

Steve Malfoy-Riddle was a good little boy. He hardly ever cried, never had a tantrum, always ate when he had to and never seemed to complain about anything. The thing that really shocked Tom and Hadrian was that their son was somehow able to understand what everyone was talking about, laughing when something funny was told, smiling when something good is told, pouting out when something bad is said and looking as if he would cry when something sad is said.

It was like the 2 month old was able to understand either the words or the feelings around the death eaters as well as his family, which is why the parents had told all of their death eaters and family to keep all of the talk for kids when they know Steve is in the room somewhere.

Hadrian and Tom loved their son to pieces, their was only one drawback. While Steve never cried all of the time he did want attention, he was scared easily and he always seemed to want to have his parents around, he knew when they were gone and gave them a little while but he would somehow call out to them. Not through crying but through his magic, Hadrian and Tom felt a small burst of magic in them when Steve needed them, since he had the magic both parents then they were able to feel when he needed them.

It is not much of a problem at night as the boy can sometimes sleep through the whole night, but if he is woken up then they had to go to him, both of them. Steve liked it when both Tom and Hadrian were with him, he would keep being upset until both of the parents were in the room with him.

But no one would change him, he was a perfect little boy and he was going to be a perfect leader when the time calls for it.

Another good thing is that the Order of the Phoenix only has a select few people left. Molly, Arthur and Ron Weasley, Mundungus Fletcher and Albus Dumbledore, on top of that most of the people who were fighting with the light have also left either to the dark or becoming neutral.

However the light/order soon did something that made the dark vary mad and angry.

The day had started out like any other, Hadrian and Tom were in the nursery playing with Steve and the rest of those they considered family were in the room doing other things and watching them. However one of the lower rank death eaters came rushing into the room saying that the wards were being taken down, one by one.

"What do you mean?!" Tom yelled, he put those up himself, to make sure that no one is able to get through them.

"I mean what I said, someone is taking the wards down one by one, whoever it is they are nearly through now." The death eater told them.

Tom was panicked, his husband, his son and all of his new family were in this building he knew that he would not live if any of them were killed in their own home.

Another death eater joined them. "My lord, it is Albus Dumbledore and some of the light. I recognise the Granger girl, and three members of the Weasley family are with them." The man said in a rush.

"Okay one, how did they find us? Two, why are they here? And three, what are we going to do?" Tom said in a rush and to himself, he had vowed to everyone here that they would be safe from the light and their manipulations, well he was definitely going to make that promise into a reality.

"Tom calm down. We obviously have a traitor here, I think we both know they are here because of Steve, he is your son also known as the dark heir they would want him gone and as for the last one, you are the greatest dark lord in history I know you will never let us down." Hadrian said.

"Hadrian I want you to stay here with Steve, I know you can protect yourself so please do so, and protect our son as well. I will go down onto the battle field and see what this is all about, we the rest of you in this room will also look after Hadrian and Steve, I don't know what I would do if they were taken from me." Tom instructed.