Chapter 9

Sandra

This wasn’t good.

I woke up with a jolt after hearing the loud ringing of my alarm clock. When I tried to reach for it and look at it, it was already past eight in the morning!

Oh shit! I snapped to myself, as I dragged myself out of the bed as quickly as possible and headed towards the bathroom door. After taking off my clothes, I opened the shower and the rush of cold water through my bared body startled me. Oh shit! First day of work and you’re already late! I scolded myself.

After a quick cold bath, I ran towards my walk-in closet and picked the clothes I first laid my hands on. It was a red shirt with a printed YOLO design on it. I partnered it with my dark skinny jeans and red sneakers. Then, after blow drying my hair I tied it in a tight bun and put a light make-up on my face.

Heading out of my bedroom door, I caught my mom who was about to knock.

“Hey, sweetheart. Where are you going?” she asked after eyeing me.

I stepped towards her to kiss her cheeks. “Good morning, ma! I’m off to my work. Actually, today’s my first day.”

There was a surprised look at my mother’s beautiful face. I made a mental note to tell her later about my first part-time job and about Michelle. Then as I wasn’t expecting, a smile deepened her lips. “Oh. That’s nice. Tell me about it later, okay?” she said, as if she had read my mind.

“Sorry, mom if I didn’t tell you about it last night. But I promise, I’ll tell you everything tonight.” I hugged her and she kissed my forehead.

“Sure. That’s not a problem to me. Take care, sweety. Goodluck!”

I left her standing on my bedroom door as I stride down the stairs. I was already thirty minutes late for my work. I just hope Michelle won’t fire me this early.

Jogging through the driveway, I heard my dog barked behind me. Wiggling her tail, she ran towards me and let out a sweet cry. “Good morning, babe. I’m sorry I can’t play with you today. I already have work. But I promise, I’ll treat you with a special dinner tonight, okay?” I kissed the top of Tetsu’s head before I stepped on my scooter and drive off the road.

The busy streets of London welcomed me the moment I reached the town. I was already in rush because it was already forty-five minutes after eight o’clock. Oh jeez! What a good start for my very first work!

I was about to turn on the other side of the street when suddenly, I immediately braked for a stop after this black SUV blocked my way. Anger and irritation pricked at me.

“What the fuck?!” I blurted, as I stared on the tinted window of the car, waiting for the driver to come out.

Suddenly...

My heart leaped after seeing this familiar figure who was stepping out of the car. It was Niall. And there was a sudden lump on my throat as I caught him looking at me with those fierce blue eyes.

We met again.

He was wearing a white button down shirt and jeans. And the sight of his tattoos and the thought of what he did to my best friend made me to hate him.

I could feel the distance between us as he stood in front of me with his hands inside his jeans pockets.

“We met again.” The sound of his voice sent a chill down my spine. “Your name is Sandra, right?” The way he mentioned my name made my hands trembled on my side which made me clenched my fists to stop the abrupt shaking, afraid that Niall might see it.