Chapter 8

Sandra

Blinded by the sunlight coming through my windows, I rose up on my bed, yawning and as I did some arms stretching to push away the sleepiness off me. It was already eight in the morning on my alarm clock and the view of the blue sky outside was just one good reason to start my day.

Gods, I haven't had a good sleep like this for days!

My friend Diane and her boyfriend, Zayn would be dropping by the house to pick me up and go to school together with them for our enrollment. The new semester was just one week away from now.

And speaking of enrollment, I had no idea what was Harry’s plan for it. It’d been two days since the last time I talked to him. I tried to call him the night after the unpleasant incident with Niall at the bar but he wasn’t answering. So, I just decided to give him enough time to be with himself after everything that had happened.

He needed to move on.

But everything that happened seemed like a nightmare. Victoria cheated on Harry. Niall came back but he couldn’t remember me. They both hurt my best friend.

Agh. These words seemed like a curse to me. No matter how hard I tried to push away my thoughts about it, it just kept on replaying inside my brain.

Less than an hour later, a car purred outside the house. For one last time, I glanced at my mirror to check myself. Slinging my purse on my shoulder, I made my way through the door downstairs, seeing the smiling face of Diane after opening it.

“Hi, friend.” she beamed, kissing me on my cheek. “Ready?”

“Ya, sure.” I answered her as I followed her towards the car where Zayn was already waiting for us in the driver’s seat.

“Hi, Sandra.” Zayn waved at me and I smiled at him as I opened the door at the backseat.

“Where’s Harry by the way? I haven’t seen him for days.” Zayn asked, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

“Uhm, actually, I haven’t talked to him since two days ago.” I answered, honestly. “I bet you already know what happened to him.”

Zayn nodded his head as he stopped the car for the traffic light. “Yep! Diane told me about that. Dammit! I want to break that bastard’s neck!”

Zayn was probably talking about Niall.

“Calm down, baby. Harry is fine now. Right, Sandra?” Diane said, glancing at me.

I nodded my head as answer. “Harry’s a strong man. He just needs time.” A small smile curved on my lips.

Zayn opened his car’s stereo and good music started to blast inside the car. It was just a good way to settle down my mood. I missed my best friend. I hope he’s fine now.

Minutes later, Zayn parked the car at one corner of the university’s parking lot. He hopped out of the car to open the door for Diane and me.

We walked across the school grounds and greeted some of our classmates and professors who were around. An hour later, we were already enrolled. I was a graduating student so; I had only 4 subjects left.

Diane and Zayn had some other plans after the enrollment so I just decided to go home alone. As I walked down the street, I stopped abruptly in front of a newly opened coffee shop and it was open for hiring new staff. Then an idea popped inside my head. I needed to get a part-time job so I could save extra money for Mom and Harry’s birthdays.

Chimes clicked when I opened the shop’s door and the aroma of cappuccino lingered on my nose the moment I got in.

“Good day! Welcome to Heaven’s coffee shop!” a gorgeous curly-haired girl greeted me. Maybe, she was the coffee shop’s owner. She was wearing a white printed shirt tucked inside her yellow checkered shorts short partnered with yellow Converse shoes.