Chapter 1: All-Nighters

Hi guys! This is my first time writing a story on Wattpad. All components of this story are of my own creation. Do not steal from this story because I have spent a lot of time and effort into it. This story is written in the first person, most of the time, so the character's whose POV is being used will be specified before each section.

And, here's the first chapter....

Vanessa's POV:

It was the last year of my Bachelor's degree and I was one semester away from going to Cooper Medical School. I was pursuing pediatrics and my roommate- who doubled as my best friend- was going for a law degree, which ran in her family. I was walking back from the 2pm choir rehearsal, going from the campus Performing Arts Center to the on-campus student apartments.

I entered my apartment, Apartment M-3, only to be met by my best friend Brooklyn and Chase, her longtime boyfriend, practically laying down on the couch. They jumped apart as soon as they heard the door close.

"Get a room, you two!" I joked, laughing and heading towards the kitchen to get dinner ready.

"Vanessa! I thought you were going to be home after another hour, not now." Brooklyn complained jokingly.

"Sorry to have ruined the moment, but Mr. Peabody decided to move the dress rehearsal to Monday." I chuckled, knowing that as soon as I holed up in my room to study for exams with my on-the-go dinner, they would be back at it.

Those two believe in "expressing their love" to each other. I get it, though, they've been going out since 9th grade and have been through thick and thin together. They are the perfect example of true love. Brooklyn always tells me that I'll find my Chase soon, but I don't ever believe her.

Who in the right mind would like..love a girl that is a size 8, has thick thighs, and skinny arms, and has 10 years of dark under eye circles that the best foundation can't even cover. That's me in a nutshell.

I made myself a plate of pasta salad, knowing that memorizing the pathways of blood travel to and from the heart was going to turn into one of the many all-nighters that I have already pulled and the much more to come.

"I'll be in my room, but I don't think your gonna need me. You'll be pretty busy." I yelled while exiting the kitchen and heading for my room. I didn't hear a reply save for mmm, so I safely assumed that they both were back at it.

Once I got to my office, which doubles as my bedroom when I have the time to sleep. I put down the plate and utensils and sat down, gathering my stacks of index cards and mentally reciting the information while eating. After that, I read the text and redid everything we covered in class. By the time I looked at the clock, it was already past midnight, 1 am to be exact. Dragging myself out of my room, empty plate in hand, I went to the kitchen only to find my friend pressed against the sink, Chase practically eating her face. I rolled my eyes and used the other sink in the kitchen which was on the countertop next to the stove.

I got ready for bed and then crawled into the warm sheets of my bed. Ugh, I have to set an alarm for 6am so I can make it to my Human Anatomy class on time. Great, 5 hours of sleep, a mid-term looming, what's next?

________________________________________________________________________________

(Luminous Awards: _Iuminouswriter320_)

I hope you liked the introduction, I know it's short & not too interesting but it will set the stage for the next chapters.

Please comment below, vote, and add this story to your library.