xxx

"honey is that you?"

changkyun hurried towards the sound of the front door while hurriedly doing up the top button on his shirt.

"honey? have you been watching those romance movies again?"

the smaller male rolled his eyes at his husband, "you love it when i call you honey."

"that is true."

"why aren't you dressed? and where have you been? it took me forever to get the kids into their fancy clothes and we have to leave soon, dahyun texted me a few minutes ago saying everyone is there but us."

"calm down gorgeous, i was getting breakfast, it will take me two minutes to get into my suit and grab the kids, you go start the car."

"i'm timing you."

jooheon grinned, his youthful smile lines deeply creasing as he handed changkyun the bag, "it's your favourite."

changkyun peaked through the fold of the bag and saw fresh scones lining the bottom, "that little shit knows all my weaknesses."

three minutes later the family was all piled into their car and changkyun finally had a smile resting on his lips as he listened to his daughters sing along to the radio.

"ow!"

"eunha, please don't pull your sister's hair."

"she pulled mine first!"

"yeongja?" changkyun raised his eyebrows and gave the elder of the two a disapproving look.

"whatever," yeongja crossed her arms and pouted out the window.

"girls."

"yes."

"you both look very beautiful today and your father worked really hard to make your hair look perfect, you don't want to mess it up do you?" jooheon glanced through the rear view mirror with a wide smile on his face.

"of course not."

"good."

changkyun smiled and shook his head, "how come they always listen to you?"

"kids are selfish, you gotta make sure there's something in it for them, this always worked with the twins when the were young."

"i can't believe jongdae is already getting married."

"me too, it seems like yesterday when he was running around with dahyun pretending to be an idol, and now he's out here performing and being an adult.

"he still acts exactly like he did when we met."

jooheon smiled.

"dad?"

both men looked up.

eunha giggled before opening her mouth, "is uncle jongdae getting married today?"

"yes sweetie, i thought i already told you that."

"i forgot. is he getting married to uncle minseok?"

"unless he has another boyfriend he hasn't told me about, yes, he's marrying uncle minseok."

"okay."

-

"i do," jongdae giggled and wiped the tears running down his cheeks with his left hand the other tightly holding onto minseok's.

changkyun and jooheon stood in the same state, their faces decorated with wide smiles.

the two young girls sat beside them laughed at their emotional parents but nevertheless were smiling.

underneath the altar the two men leaned in and kissed one another, the crowd went wild.

flowers filled the air and shouts of joy surrounded the family.

jooheon turned to his husband and the gave him a warm smile before kissing him gently.

everything was slow motion in the moment.

it vaguely reminded changkyun of their own wedding.

he was so happy.

-

changkyun flopped down onto the large bed that practically filled the hotel room.

"i'm exhausted."

jooheon laid down next to him, "me too."

the couple had left the reception early despite the exciting occasion, they now were considered "old people" as they had two children and were definitely not as rambunctious as they used to be.

"jooheon."

changkyun perched himself up on his elbows and stared at his husband.

"yes dear."

the younger man scoffed before cuddling into his side and beginning to unravel.

"today had me thinking a lot. about love, about family, about all the important things i guess, and, well, i just wanted to say thank you. if it hadn't been for you i...i don't know. i would probably have been married off to some rich girl and be sitting in an office being the guy everyone hates or...i would've killed myself. you..." changkyun sighed and closed his eyes before continuing, "you saved my life jooheon, in every way, shape, and form and i wanted to thank you for that. i am so happy, so incredibly happy. fifteen years ago i would have never thought this could ever happen so, thank you."

jooheon stared at him for a few moments.

a smile began to creep its way onto his face.

"thank you."

"why are you thanking me?"

"because you saved my life as much as i saved yours."

"i-"

the older man gripped his husband's face in his hands and grinned, "you saved me too and you can't say you didn't. you could say, we saved each other."

"that's so corny."

"that's okay, it's true," changkyun's eyes twinkled and jooheon felt at peace as he stared out the window before drifting off to sleep.

all he ever wanted was for changkyun to be happy, to love himself, and for once, he believed he had helped him do so.

changkyun listened to his husband's heart beat against his cheek.

it was reassurance, jooheon was always there, and he could never love another person as much as he loved this man.

as corny as it did sound, it was true.

it was the most honest thing the two men knew.

they saved each other.

T H E E N D