iv

changkyun pulled up to the connivence store a few minutes after ending his phone call with hyungwon.

he wished his father hadn't invited yifan to stay over so often, he was tortuously irritating and he always claimed that his father would give him the company over changkyun, behind closed doors of course. although the small boy knew that was untrue, he was the obvious heir to the company, he was the only lim boy in his family, it still got on his nerves.

yifan was smart, well put together, business-like, straight. sometimes changkyun did feel like his father would choose the asshole over him.

now irritated, changkyun pushed the door to the shop open violently storming towards the junk food isle.

it was a rare occasion that he decided to come to such a dirty place and buy nasty food but, hyungwon needed this.

he paused before walking down the isle spotting a similar face.

hoseok stood there laughing his ass off alongside jooheon and hyunwoo.

why was he so happy? he just broke up with hyungwon. they had been dating for over two years, wouldn't he be just a little upset?

jooheon had noticed the faltering changkyun and turned around to give him the smallest smirk before heading off in the other direction.

"i fucking knew it."

changkyun stormed down the isle ripping things off the racks and grabbing things from the shelves before angrily throwing too much won at a cashier and racing out of the store. he had to tell hyungwon immediately.

he knew jooheon had been behind this.

-

the doorbell echoed to the outside of the house as changkyun waited patiently at the door of the chae household.

"good evening mr. lim are you here to see master hyungwon?"

"hi momo, yeah, is it okay if i come in?"

"of course," momo sighed sadly, "he's locked himself in his room all evening. i tried making him my kimchi but he didn't even respond when i knocked on his door."

changkyun's eyebrows rose up. hyungwon usually went apeshit when momo made her amazing kimchi, the smell still hung in the air.

"he's going through a heartbreak."

"oh dear, it's that hoseok boy right? i always thought he was trouble," momo had a cute scowl on her face.

"how come?"

"once, i saw him leave with a few boys smoking weed in their car. driving while high," she tsked shaking her head.

"smoking pot!?"

"well that's what weed is isn't it?"

"i should probably go and talk to hyungwon."

"yes, very good. did you want me to make you something?"

"no, i brought food already," changkyun shook the bags of junk food.

momo peaked over and made a face, "all those things are so gross, i'll make you something."

changkyun smiled watching momo scurry off towards the kitchen.

both hyungwon and himself had taken
a liking to the over-friendly momo when she joined his father's staff. when the boys were twelve she had just came over from japan in search for a dancing career. sadly her talents were forsaken after so many auditions. after all the disappointment she took any job she could, which meant she ended up here.