xxviii

(a/n: hey guys! i'm so sorry for the super long wait but this is a super long chapter and i wasn't quite sure how to go about it at first, i hope you enjoy :))

changkyun's eyes cracked open to reveal a smiling jooheon smoothing a palm over his cheek.

"good morning beautiful."

a small blush appeared on the younger boy's face.

"good morning."

"did you sleep okay?"

"i slept great," changkyun smiled warmly.

he yawned and stretched his arms before curling more into jooheon, "what day is it?"

"december twenty-second."

changkyun's entire face darkened a few shades, "oh."

"what's wrong angel?"

"nothing! nothing. it's nothing. don't worry. it's just...an important day at home, i should go see my parents."

"do you want me to come with you?"

"i think this is kind of a family thing, as much as i want you there it's..."

"i understand, don't worry, just call me when it's over so we can hang out."

changkyun gave jooheon a small smile, "of course."

but he had no idea what was yet to come.

-

changkyun dropped jooheon off at his house after they had finally managed to say goodbye to the incorrigibly clingy minho who had insisted on them staying till noon.

it was a quiet drive home for the younger boy.

not even the radio had the privilege of softly playing the background.

as he pulled into the driveway, changkyun wondered if his parents even remembered.

"hello?"

no answer returned his call, although he doubted anyone would actually be able to hear him.

changkyun lugged his bag back up to his room with a frown on his face.

he returned to main floor and peered into the kitchen surprised to his father standing there instead of yeongja.

"sir?"

"changkyun, where have you been? i have been wanting you to sort through these files for me, you've got some training to do before you start working for me."

"what?"

"don't act like a putz, i have an extra pen, come take a look. oh, you're mother and i are headed to london tonight, i was curious to see if you wanted to come along and see what the work is like."

"dad."

changkyun's father gave him a warning look, "how many times do i have to tell-"

"do you even know what day it is?"

"it's december twenty-second, are you dumb boy?"

his fists clenched and his expression hardened, "i knew you were a bad person but i can't believe this."

his father rolled his eyes and sighed, "please, enlighten me on how today is so incredibly special."

before changkyun could speak - more like shout again, his mother entered the kitchen.

he watched with a fire burning in his pupil as she placed a manicured hand on his father's shoulder and began softly speaking about some incompetent thing before actually noticing her son.