xxiv

changkyun rubbed his eyes and groaned as he touched his pounding forehead.

"jooheon?"

"hm."

"do you have painkillers?"

"i have pot."

changkyun swatted his chest, "i don't want your weed, i want an advil."

"i'll go find you one, is yeongja here?" jooheon looked at the dark tinge still dusting the windowsill, "jesus what time is it?"

the small boy grabbed his phone from the nightstand and rolled his eyes.

"it's only 4:03."

"we barely got any sleep."

"we can cuddle when you get back."

"i'll be quick."

changkyun smiled as his boyfriend bolted through the door.

a few minutes later he heard a familiar click.

"hey, back already? i thought- yifan?"

the small boy stared curiously at the man stumbling into his bedroom.

"what the hell are you doing here? oh god you reek," changkyun plugged his nose, "have you been drinking?"

"you," yifan pointed at changkyun, "you ruin everything."

"wait, what?"

"i said you ruin everything!"

"that's makes no sense," changkyun rolled his eyes and rose from the bed, "c'mon you can sleep in one of the guest rooms."

"no!" yifan gripped his arms harshly as he gently attempted to touch his shoulder.

"what the hell is wrong with you?"

yifan slammed his delicate body against the wall with force, "you ruin everything!"

changkyun cringed feeling a sharp pain in his back, "i have no idea what you're talking about."

"despite you being a stupid, gay, ugly teenager, your father still insists on you being the god damn ceo. i don't understand! i'm obviously the better choice."

yifan stared a cold, hard, dead stare straight into changkyun's eyes.

"okay, you've been drinking," changkyun squirmed, "you should get some sleep."

"it's unfair!" yifan shouted, "he fired me for being greedy! that's a bunch of bullshit, do you know anyone greedier than your father?"

he did have a point.

"do you know anyone greedier than yourself? god you're such a brat. you don't treat any of your elders or superiors with respect. it's so unfair, this is unfair!"

changkyun gasped as he felt yifan's large hands close around his throat.

long fingers digging into the skin on the back of his neck and thumbs pressing into his vocal chords, it was like a snake coiling itself around his esophagus.

he tried to cough but nothing came out.

"yifan," he croaked when he felt the fingers loosen lightly, "stop."

but that only made things worse.

yifan pushed him harder against the wall and lifted the thin boy up by neck.

changkyun clawed at his hands. it felt like his head was being dislocated from his entire body. he couldn't breathe and his vision began to cloud with dark spots.