Chapter 5

Jason POV

I arrive first the next morning to receive the key from the landlady. It's a quick exchange which is good, because I'm not a people person at five in the morning. Scratch that, I'm not a people person at all. I meet her at the door, she tosses me the key and I make my way in the building. I march up the stairs and open the door to my new suite.

Our new suite.

My only luggage is the heater in my coat. My cat. He meows, annoyed about his confined space. I let him go and sniff the space, which makes him finely shut up. Hazel eyes said he would be coming around seven with his stuff and hopefully with the intent on telling me his name. It bothers me that I call him such a fond title in my head.

Last night the reality of the situation truly set in. I agreed to room with a complete and utter stranger with a chest as hard as metal. If I didn't have bone shattering powers the thought would be more disastrous. However, it still may have not been the smartest descision.

I look around the slightly furnished place and investigate the cupboards. The only thing I find in them are a few stray teabags with no listed flavor. I fill up the dented kettle left on the stove and leave it to boil, throwing in the tea. Hopefully they're all the same favour. I fall back onto the only real piece of furniture; the tattered leather couch, and sigh. I'll need to come up with an occupation for myself. A reason to escape. I want to defeat Golden Flame again.

I make the descision to sprawl out, which my kitten reads as an invitation to use me as a mattress. He meows cheerfully before his motor like purring starts. Another sigh. After a while of reflecting on my life choices and the integrity of my existance I get up to make breakfast. The suite, supposedly being furnished has a rusty fridge. As a curdacy, the land lady informed me she filled it. I was pleasently surprised to find fresh eggs, basil and tomatoes. I grinned, I was about to make myself a couple culinary perfected omelets.

*--Danial's POV---*

I spent the morning flying around town defeating minature villians. There were many more popping up than usual which became an absolute nuisance. Not because they were difficult in battle, because trust me they weren't, but because they were confident I was weak. Before Poison Shadow I hadn't been defeated since my Rookie days.

He made me look bad, and boy did it leave a debt on my ego. Worst part? He knew that at the time he defeated me. Since then I have guarded my thoughts heavily, something I don't usually think to do.

As of now I pace the stairs up to our apartment taking them in threes. The door I find is left open a crack, with muffled music flooding into the hallway. I pause, trying to decipher it before hearing a line that gives it away.

"If you like it then you should have put a ring on it! Oh wow oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh."

I muffle a laugh with my fist, that cute little boy has Beyonce playing! Goodness if my puppy keeps this up I might just play fetch with him. I use the knuckle of my middle finger to silently push the door open further so I can slip in. It's a challenge to be quiet with my large physique and freakishly large feet. What I hear next throws me over the edge. It's a males voice, although it takes me a second to conclude that, singing along in the other room. Very quietly, almost inaudiblly, but what are superpowers for. I decide he sings much better than Beyonce. When I turn the corner I also decide he dances better too.

That's right, I behold the sight with my lucky little eyes. A clean shaven boy, wearing a Navy button up sweat shirt, with more buttons down than I could ever pull off, is twirling around the kitchen, frying pan in hand. He has such a grace in his actions. His hair flops about, a little longer than ear length, a jet black, like his jeans. My tongue darts out and crosses my lips which are a gap at the sight. He should wear those jeans more often, they do wonders for his ass.

I can smell a pallet of herbs and Vegetables, and melted cheese. I have an apetite now. And not for the eggs he's cooking.
He sings the last line a little louder than before and turns copletley around, shimmying his hand in the air. Wups, spotted.

His eyes pop, their oceans splashing out at me.

"Is that so?" I say casually, a smirk claiming my lips, "Than I better go ring shopping."

The blush really compliments his features, I should opt to make it appear more often.

"Y-your early. You said you would be hear around noon!"

I shrug, "Guess I use my time better than I thought."

I move closer to him to inspect his dish, I'm actually hungry now. He scurried a foot back and I pretend I don't notice. How long can someone even maintain a blush? There are two egg omelets in the pan, overflowing with a colorful filling. "You thought I'd come later, but you still made me breakfast?"

Irritation floods his face, his fine eyebrows clenching together. "Excuse you. I made two for myself because I was hungry and a male who happens to needs plenty to eat."

I dare a step closer to him, my eyes stripping his clothes. "You'd fool me."

He finds confidence and tries a new tactic, which throws me completely off guard. He saunters around me his hands grazing over my shoulders before wrapping around my neck. His fingers brush my clothing with a teasing elegance. Slowly, pulling me closer, his lips venture towards my ear. He doesn't say the naughty words I envision him to say next.

He does something naughtier. He bites down on the lobe of my ear and makes a growl sound that resembles all too much a reckless moan. I'm stunned for a moment. "I could eat your body weight, I have plenty of room in my stomach."

His tongue darts down my neck and I moan, my body going rigid with fear he heard. If he did, he shows no sign. He steps back looking rather unfazed. " But why would I want to," he shrugs," You don't taste very good."

He looks up at me in the eye, now across the room, his lashes framing the innocence he trying to play on. My jaw is clenched as well as my fist as I stare into him. He knows what he's doing and I'm unsure of the reaction he's trying to provoke.

"What?" How dare he ask such things. God, I'm glad I'm wearing sweatpants today, I would have been mortified if my attraction became any more obvious. The problem was now, while I had my theories, I didn't know if he was gay. And I wasn't sure if it was worth making him uncomfortable, because at the end of he day I really needed a place and I wasn't about to screw it up for myself.

"Nothing. I just must say I disagree," my voice drops a couple tones,"Many people have told me I taste great."

He sticks out his tongue. "They must have horrible taste buds."

I walk past him, making a beeline for the couch, but make sure to say these words when I'm directly beside him. "Maybe. Maybe you're just tasting the wrong part of the dish."

Ha! His face returns to the more preferable pink. I flop down on the sofa, hitting it like a sand bag, flecks of dust flying off of it. I close my eyes and lean my head back. A four footed critter lands on my lap and I screech, my eyes flying open.

A black, scary, creature stares up at me, ready to demolish my soul. Obviously, I react in a way that doesn't fit my human persona. I sear the bottom of its paws, which sends my message quickly. The creature wines, only mildly offended, but does me the favour of jumping on the floor and scurrying towards the kitchen.

I wind my body around to look at my puppy in mock anger. Can't contain it because he's holding the cat, which has settled into his chest. The little thing purrs as he cradles it. I'm a bit jealous.

"You have a cat?"
"Yeah, I do."

I smile wearily. I don't like cats, they're bad omens if you ask me, but what good would he get from knowing that?

"What's his name?"

He twisted his lips for a second, as if the question was a difficult one.
"Tingles."

I nod, not very intrigued. "And what's your name, puppy?

"Oh yeah. It's Jason," he says sheepishly, " Guess I never properly introduced myself."

"Same," I say, " it's nice to meet you Jason. I'm Danial."