4 - Disguised Distress ~ Niall ~

~ Niall ~

* 6 days later *

My eyes open slowly, adjusting to the light filtering into the room. Robyn is sprawled out across my chest, her legs tangled with mine. Her brown hair resembles a mop more than her normal slightly wavy style and I bite back my laugh.

Robyn's curtains have a gap in where someone has moved one. Ethan.

The door creaks open, so I look across as Ethan's head peeking through the gap.

That is scary.

"Damn, I was hoping you both would have both woken up. It's nine already," Ethan states.

"She's seeing Zeeve at ten, isn't she?" I reply quietly.

"No, Zeeve is covertly observing her so don't screw this up."

"You never told me that. I thought she knew he was coming."

"Have you said?"

"No, as I hoped she would have remembered."

"She might want to straighten her hair."

"I definitely agree."

"Wash and straighten it for her, might give you more brownie points."

"How the hell do you know?" Ethan goes to answer. "Never mind a stupid question. Di has obviously told you."

Ethan smirks before going out the room and slamming the door shut. Robyn startles awake at the sound. She pushes off my chest with wide eyes, her heart drumming strongly against her sternum.

"Baby, it's okay," I say softly, a hand reaching out to brush some of her untamed hair behind her ear so it isn't on her face.

"Who was that?" Robyn asks.

"Ethan wanted to check if sneaking in and opening the curtains slightly worked. When he saw it only worked with me, he slammed the door shut."

"Why?"

"To wake you up. Which he succeeded with. Come on. Let's get your hair washed and tamed before we go round the pack for the day."

"Like you could wash and straighten my hair." Robyn smirks slightly shaking her head as if she doesn't believe it.

I smirk. "Come on." I kiss her cheek and she moves off me with a sigh.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yep. Trust me." I stand up and walk into her bathroom, Robyn trailing cautiously behind me.

Robyn watches as I move the shower head and detach it from the holder. She picks up her brush and runs it through her hair, getting out the big knots. I warm up the water and grab her 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner. "Are you sure you're sure?"