1 - Suppressed Emotions

~ Niall ~

*End of May 2018*

I look at the door in front of me, rocking on my heels nervously.

I've been planning this all day, why am I so nervous?

Might be the fact at this statement that my father does a complete 180° turn again.

Great.

Cian mumbles incoherently behind me as I focus on the office. I know he's in there, that's where his scent is concentrated.

"Come in," father calls out, obviously having found a reasonable stopping point. I school my nervous expression and open the door. "Why has he got a camera?"

I walk in with a slight shrug, looking back at Cian. "A book fell on his head in the library at school. I should take him to the pack doctors in a bit," I reply. What actually happened was I hit Cian with a book in the library as he was being a dick. The story works both ways.

"Right." Father looks down at his work before shutting a book. "How can I help you two before you go?"

"I have something to tell you, it's nothing to do with the leech who has a camera."

"I'm offended by that," Cian comments.

"Shut the fuck up," I state.

"Which is?" Father says.

"Well someone's grumpy," Cian says at the same time as my father.

"Fuck off," I state. "I met my mate at the party." I turn to face father again to see the surprised expression on his face. "What?"

"Did he just?" Father mutters looking at Cian.

"Yeah, he followed two conversations," Cian replies.

Wait, what? I did... That's odd. Probably a one-off.

"Have I ever met your mate before?" Father asks looking at me again.

"Yes, you have," I reply.

"From them being at the party, they're part of the Winter pack, aren't they?"

"Yes, they are."

"Position?"

My eyes dart to Cian who gives me a tiny nod. I take a small breath before flinging myself towards an uncertain fate. "Alpha?"

"Do you want to change your answer? You don't sound too sure of yourself."

"My mate is definitely the Alpha."

Father stares at me impassively. "Is that so?"

"Yes."

"You already know my opinion on the matter, why are you bringing it to my attention?"

I flinch back at his harsh words, the memories coming in a flood. Painfully I take a step back before pushing past Cian and walking out the room.

Once I'm in the fresh air I shift forms and run towards Robyn's house, letting the afternoon air stroke my fur.

My mind shuts down and I just run, letting my emotions claim me.

~ Robyn ~

"What's another one of them doing here?"

"She's a bitch."

"She's an addict."