Home

HEATH

No emotions could explain how I felt when I found Eve at the park. My head had been swimming with thoughts.

Once I had called the car we waited on the path near a red bricked house, I could see Eve was thinking, she looked beautiful.

"Heath......I know that house..." She whispered in awe.

"How?" I asked, but she pulled me up and dragged me to the front gate.

"I recognise this place." She twirled taking in the view to see if she could jog he memories.

"Actually same..." I replied my head pinging as I took in the view.

"Oh my god..." She quietly exclaimed covering her mouth.

"What?" I asked looking into her watering eyes.

"How could I forget?...how?..." She looked like she was about to burst out with tears.

"What, where are we?" I pushed her.

"My parents house..." She whispered looking at the house again.

Then it all came back to me, the night I asked her to marry me, the anger on her face flashed through my mind making me cringe.

How could she forget? But then again how could I forget...?

EVE

Tears welled my eyes as I looked at the house which once was my own.

"I have to knock." I told him suddenly.

"What why?" Heath asked surprised.

"Just to see if they are still there." I replied walking to the door. I turned to Heath who waited at the bottom of the steps. "Come with me, please." I whispered as nerves poured into my body.

"If that's what you want, sure." He replied stepping up beside me.

"Thank you." I said squeezing his hand.

Then we walked up to the door, my hand hovered above the knocker for several seconds before I tapped it gently. I stepped back preparing for someone to answer the door, when it swung open, an old lady appeared her grey hair thin and straggly. She was bent over with a walking stick, she adjusted her glasses then focused her beady eyes on me and Heath. Her lips pursed and her nose wrinkled.

"Yes?" She asked her voice hoarse.

"Hello, I'm Eve, and this is Heath." I told her softly.

"Oh, yes, your parents used to live here." She nodded stepping slowly out onto the mat in front of the door.

"Yes!" I exclaimed suddenly.

"They moved away, I moved in." She nodded again.

"Well we know that! Where did they go woman!?" Heath snapped rolling his eyes. The woman went wide eyed.

"Sorry. Heath be nice." I elbowed Heath in the ribs, which had no effect at all.

"It's fine dear. Well your mother left me a note to give you if you ever did return, and if you didn't she told me to give it to you face to face before I left forever, wait here I will go get it." She explained before hobbling into the house to find it.

"Thank you." I replied.

"Just my orders." She sad loudly from inside.

Heath squeezed my hand just as a horn beeped, Zack was waiting, well he could wait forever, I didn't care.

"Here. Be careful your mother spent ages writing it." She handed me a brown envelope smiling softly at me.

"You know what's in it?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"No, most certainly not." She replied her eye brows dipping.

"Okay, thank you so much." I smiled about to walk away.

"Oh dear, if you need anything..." She started eyeing Heath suspiciously. "...my name is Cindra Clarke." She added patting my hand with her free wrinkly hand.

"Thanks Cindra, but he's my fiancé so I will be fine." I replied chuckling.

"Okay, well with anything." She laughed dryly. "Bye Eve, Heath..." She waved as we headed to our car.

I watched her walk to her door and inside, we left just as she closed her little red door.

"Shall I open it?" I asked Heath.

"Open what?" Zack asked curious. My insides burned with anger.

"No one asked you, I was asking Heath." I snapped then calmed down before turning to Heath again.

"Okay...maybe wait till we get home then you can take it in properly." He replied, looking surprised about how I had acted towards Zack.

"Yea, good idea, you hold it for now, please." I shakily handed it to him.

For the rest of the drive I fidgeted, shook and wondered.

"Thanks Zack see you tomorrow." Heath smiled as we got out the car.

"Yes, bye." He smiled then drove away.

"What's happening tomorrow?" I asked walking into the building.

"You are going to pick a dress with Jazz, I am going to pick a suit with Ben my best mate."

"Does Jazz know this?" I asked surprised.

"She will do, I have had our room supervisor call her to come over here tomorrow." He replied as we walked into the lift.

"Okay..." I was still shaking and jumpy, wanting to know what that letter held.

Once we got inside, me and Heath sat on the sofa, then Heath handed me the letter smiling encouragingly.

"Okay..." I sighed jiggling myself and clearing all my thoughts.

I took the letter, slowly tore it open and unfolded a piece of file paper, then began to read to myself:

Our dearest Eve,

I just want to say, we love you, very much, but everything we did for a reason. We needed money to pay our dept, which you knew about a long time back.

There's more though, many months before you left, the people we owed money to threatened myself and your father. We were scared but we had no one to go to. Money was the only solution.

When Heath offered this money we were at the brink of going crazy, me and your father were fighting, all the time. We had no choice but to accept this offer. We never wanted to loose our only daughter but we didn't want to loose you and each other, as me and your father were about to get a divorce to save you.

Eve dear we will always love you, and know Heath will look after you with all his heart. The day you left, you took a part of us with you, we felt hollow. I never meant to hurt you, but the moment I saw the vengeance on your face, I knew I had lost you, forever.

We miss you dear, but I have to tell you. Because you must be curious if you visited my old friend Cindra, where we were. Well once we got the money and payed our dept, our lives were empty here, so I'm afraid we are at this moment in France. America was big and full, but me and your father now live in a little cottage in France. I think about you every day my dearest Eve.

I will miss not being there on the day of your wedding, but I probably wouldn't have been invited anyway. Good luck, achieve your dreams Evie sweetie.

Please do not worry about me and our father we are well and safe. Just knowing your safe makes my life fearless and happy.

Many kisses Evie-Grace-Carllton, your forever in our hearts.

Love mom and pa xxx

"Mom and pa..." I whispered tears trailing down my face.

"Eve..." Heath whispered pulling me into a hug.

We sat there for what felt like several hours, just me crying and Heath being patient and caring for my feelings.

And the paper with all truths in my hand, with words that would scar me for life.

Mom and pa.