CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

Flying in a plane is nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be, especially since I am in friggen First Class. I was nervous as hell only two hours ago, almost to the point of throwing up nervous. It may also be due to the fact that I have not slept in over 24 hours. My flight was schedule to depart at 7:15am, so I arrived at around 5:00am and since it’s a 2 ½ drive from my home to the airport, there was not very much time left to sleep, not to mention the fact that I was so damn excited I couldn’t even see straight. However, a few moments after I stepped onto the plane my nervousness suddenly disappeared.

The flight attendants were so helpful and friendly and totally put me at ease right away. I was offered food, drinks, a pillow and blanket, one girl I think her name was Leslie even offered to give me a manicure and pedicure. I would have absolutely taken her up on her offer too if I hadn’t just had one a few days earlier.

The rest of my three hour flight was comfortable and enjoyable, I found myself looking out the window being lost in my thoughts most of the time though. I can’t help but wonder what these people are going to think of me. I can only hope that they see me as a strong confident woman, not the scared little country girl that I truly am.

Once I landed I was directed to the baggage claim area to collect my belongings and per Nina’s instructions I was to wait there.

As I was trying to organize my three suitcases I could hear my name being called from somewhere behind me.

“I am Maggie,” I say out loud as I see a woman with light pink hair running up to me.

“Hi, err…hello Maggie, I’m Paige. I am Nina Cabbott’s assistant and I am here to pick you up,” said the attractive out of breath young woman.

“Hi Paige,” I say as I hold out my hand for her to shake. “It is nice to meet you.”

“Likewise,” she says. “And on behalf of Modest Management I would like to welcome you to New York City.”

“Thank you very much.”

“So how was your flight?”

“Oh it was fabulous, I kind of felt like a “Princess” in a fairy tale, I was so spoiled. Did you know that they had chocolate covered strawberries in First Class?” Did I just tell her that I felt like a princess? Oh God Maggie, stop that, I say to myself.

“Well Maggie, you haven’t seen anything yet.”

“What do you mean?”

“Oh girl, we have got a ton of fun activities planned for you while you’re here and the first activity will begin in about two hours, so we need to hurry and get you settled into your hotel room.”

“Oh okay, when will I meet with Nina?”

“You will see her in the morning at 11:00am, so I can’t keep you out too late,” she says with a wink and a grin.

We finally make our way outside and I follow Paige to a big black suburban. There is a rather large muscled man that is leaning on the hood of the truck and I am assuming that he is waiting for us.

“Paul this is Maggie, Maggie this is Paul,” Paige says quickly as Paul takes my luggage.

“Nice to meet you there Maggie,” he says. I think I hear an accent, maybe British?

“Nice to meet you too Paul, so…. are you from England too?” I can’t help but ask. Ugh…there I go again, why do I always feel the need to ask dumb questions.

“No, I am from Bray, County Wicklow in Ireland, but I spend so much time with these British boys I guess our accents get sometimes blended,” he says as he helps me up into this gigantic vehicle.