Chapter Five

Disclaimer: I do not own Rick and Morty

It's the morning of Christmas, you are downstairs admiring the decorations you put up with Beth a couple of days ago. The hot chocolate is warming up your hands as you are sitting down at the table, the cold of the morning nipping at your bare toes.

Jerry greets you as he walks into the kitchen ready to start cooking the Christmas feast.

"Good morning Jerry. Did you want any help with the cooking?"

"No thank you. I'll be fine."

You nod your head towards him, gulping down the last of your cocoa and place your mug in the sink, you decide to head upstairs to change out of your pyjamas. On the way back to your room you pass Rick and Morty talking in the hall. You give them a slight smile as you shut your door behind you.

Picking out a black skirt and a white blouse you are dressed for the day ahead. You pick up your phone and put it in the convenient pocket that is on your skirt. You head to the bathroom to relieve you bladder before you head back downstairs. You wander into the living room to find Morty, Summer and Beth each of them on some type of technology device.

You sit down next to Morty about to take out your phone when Jerry walks in.

"Merry Christmas? Helloooo? My parents are coming over for the first time in years and you are all just sitting here with your faces glued to your devices! That's it, everything in the stocking."

Everyone groans audibly and holds their devices closer to their chest. Jerry begins to pry each and every one of them from their clutches.

"Way to ruin Christmas Jerry."

You look over at Beth as she says this. Summer and Morty nod their head in agreement both becoming bored easily. You place your hands on your lap to try and conceal the phone outline on your skirt. You try to act as natural as possible as Jerry walks past, as you try to keep your phone out of Jerry's grasp.

Jerrys shenanigans are soon interrupted by the voice of Rick. The door bursts open and Rick is standing there with what looks to be a homeless man. Jerry makes his way up to them.

"Whoa. What is this? My parents are about to be here any minute."

Rick just looks at Jerry without any remorse.

"Calm down Jerry, this is Ruben, an old friend. I check in on him once a year and give him a little -urpp- medical attention."

Summer and Beth look at Rick with admiration. It all just seems a little out of character for Rick so you can't help but be a little suspicious.

"Aw, Dad....That is so sweet."

"Don't worry about your C-C-Christmas, Jerry. Ruben and I'll be in my workshop while you have another day in Phil Collins' proverbial paradise."

You watch as Rick leads Ruben away to the garage. You follow after in their direction until you reach the lounge room and plunk yourself down on the couch. You hear the doorbell ring indicating that Jerry's parents have arrived.

You can hear them all talking in the other room, you tune them out as you turn on the TV. You have just found a show to watch when you hear the garage door open abruptly. Rick marches out in a hurry.

"Hey Rick. What's going on?"

He fully ignores you and strides into the other room full of people. A couple of minutes pass since Rick has walked past. Your attention is now back on the TV, you are completely dismissive to your surroundings as you are lying down on the couch.