Chapter Four

Disclaimer: I do not own Rick and Morty

It was the day after your little adventure with Rick and Morty. It was quiet around the house as Jerry, Beth and Morty were all out shopping for Christmas. Rick was locked up in his garage doing who knows what while you are in the company of Summer.

The two of you are lounging about in the living room Summer typing away at her phone while you are lying on the sofa staring at the roof.

"Can this day get any more boring?" You roll over to your side placing your arm under your head. You look over to Summer who is ignoring you. She still continues to type on her phone completely oblivious to you. You start to hum loudly hoping this will get her attention. It doesn't. You resort to tapping on your thighs instead.

Summer finally looks up at you annoyed from your persistent drumming.

"Do you have to do that?"

You abruptly stop as you glance over to her.

"Sorry. I'm just bored. I'm trying to find ways to pass the time until something exciting happens."

Summer once again continues to ignore you, going back to her phone.

"Hey Summer! Can we have a conversation or something instead of you being completely ignorant to me?"

"Jeez. Take a chill pill."

The room is filled with silence as it gets a little awkward between the two of you.

"Ok. How about we go shopping for some new things? Maybe get you a cell phone or some new clothes?" She looks at you with excitement in her eyes.

"We can't. I don't have any money."

"That's why we have this!" You watch as Summer pulls out what looks to be a credit card.

"It's Grandpa Ricks. You can pay him back later somehow."

You look at her as if she is crazy. There is no way you can use someone else's money. Without asking you she pulls you up forcefully and drags you out the door and to the bus stop. You try to protest but she isn't having any of it. She starts to talk your ear off like crazy suggesting what you should buy. You try to get a word in but she just completely disregards you. At this moment you decide to tune her out as there was no point in trying.

After the agonizing bus trip you finally reach the mall. It wasn't a day where it was overcrowded but there was still a significant amount of people here. She drags you around by the arm until you reach a store that sells electronics. After spending a solid two hours in the store getting your new phone, watching them set it up and then explaining how to use it multiple times, you are finally excited for the new, shiny device. Even if it was not purchased with your money.

"Before we leave to go home we are going clothes shopping!"

You are pulled away from your phone screen as Summer yells this in your ear.

"Ok! Ok. We can buy a couple of things but that is it Summer." You try to lay down the law hoping Summer will listen to you.

You find yourself at the first clothes store, Summer already piling items into your arms. She is giving you shirts, tank tops, shorts, skirts and is that socks? Why would you need socks? You don't bother asking as she leads you to the change rooms.

You try on multiple different outfits before you end up spending a fortune. The same thing happens in the next two shops before you are both ready to go home. Both of you are lugging around handfuls of shopping bags when Summer suddenly stops.

"There is one more shop I want you to look at."

You stare up to what store she is talking about.