Mutual

Hermione's POV
It was a long day at work. I had to report to Kingsley on everything occurring at the manor. He was happy to hear that Lucius was behaving. But he'd have to be sent back to Azkaban, his crimes were too great.
Throughout the day my thoughts wandered back to the same person. Draco. This wasn't good was it?
I decided to contact Ginny.

Later at lunch.....
"Ginny, what's happening to me?" I said with my head in my hands.
"What?" Ginny asked at the sudden question.
"It's just...whenever I see Draco, something goes wrong with me. And every time I make him smile, I feel so happy because he's never had the chance to smile during the war and before. He looks so good when he does...."
I kept rambling on and on until I saw Ginny smirk with that know-it-all smile and I stopped abruptly.
"I knew it from the beginning." Ginny said simply.
"Know what?" I asked Like I had no clue.
"You like him..no let me rephrase that....you love him."
"What...I....maybe." I said and looked down at my hands, blushing slightly.
"It doesn't matter anyway. He'll never like me back." I said a bit sadly.
"Are you crazy 'mione! You're gorgeous. Any guy in their right mind would fall for you in a day. I'm sure the feeling is mutual." Ginny said confidently.
"Thanks, gin. You're the best. But let's just forget it."
"No, we are not gonna forget it because you are gonna go and tell him today."
"What?!?....no I can't!" I literally screamed, earning glares from around.
"Yes you can. You're Hermione Granger!"
"You're probably right. I'll try, OK?"
"Attagirl! Now I have to get have home. So, bye 'mione!"
She waved and I waved back and she disapparated, leaving me alone.

Does she really think she can take Draco away from me? We'll just see about that.

Draco's POV
"Blaise, what am I doing?" I asked.
"Listen mate, get the balls and go tell her."
"What's the worst that could happen? She'd say no. You're the great Draco Malfoy, if she rejects you, give some snide comments and walk away."
"I could never do that to her Blaise. She's not like other girls"
"Woah mate, that girl's got you brainwashed."
I glared at him.
".....in a good way!" Blaise finished quickly.
"Should be easier for you since that weasel bloke left her. You've got to give it to her, she's gorgeous."
"I can see that Blaise, thank you very much!"
And then the door bell rang.
Draco's heart leaped.
"It must be her."
"That's your cue, mate!" With that he walked down and out the back door.
I ran down the stairs and pulled open the door.
To my disappointment, it was Astoria Greengrass. How I dislike this woman.
"What do you want, Astoria?" I asked.
"Calm down Draco. I want to talk about something important to you." She said eerily.
"And what, may I ask, is that?"
"Shall we talk in the garden?"
Without waiting for my reply, she started walking to the garden. I unwillingly followed suit.

Hermione's POV
I apparated back to Malfoy manor, thinking of what to say, when I heard someone's voice coming from the garden. I sight I saw broke my heart. I didn't stay for another second after that. I turned and ran into the house.

Draco's POV
"What do you want. You're wasting my precious......" I didn't get to finish.
Astoria crashed her lips onto mine. I tried to shove her off, but she kept trying to come back. I heard a twig snap behind me and I saw a flash of brunette hair. I turned back to a smirking Astoria and cursed her with some of the most unpleasant swears known to man. I ran inside and up the stairs.

Hermione's POV
I had to get out of this place for a few days. I had to come back later but until then, Lucius wouldn't cause any harm on his own family.
I can't believe I saw Draco and Greengrass kissing. I single tear escaped my eyes and then many more.
Is started stuffing my essentials in my bag. I heard a knock on the door.
I draped the bag over my shoulder and opened the door to a panting Draco.
He looked at me then at the bag and back at me.
"'Mione, where are you going?" He asked me with pleading eyes.
"I need to go back home for a few days. I'm...s..sure you have other things to attend to. Don't worry." I quivered on the last sentence