surprising case

She was snapped back into reality when there was a knock on the door .

"Come in" she answered.

Her assistant, Cho Chang walked in with a bundle of papers and a smirk on her face.

"Kingsley desperately wants to see you" she giggled and said.
"What can I say , I don't think he can last a day without seeing me" she replied, thanked her and walked out to meet the minister.

Hermione also helped Kingsley Shacklebolt in court cases in which death eaters were concerned. The death eaters were kept in Azkaban , the more notorious ones were kept under high alert. The ministry understood the needs of their families.
They were sent home for a duration of one month, of course a recommendation from the family is necessary. It could be shortened, if necessary. It was kind of like a parole. Also along with a ministry official to keep an eye on them. This was the new law that was passed.
Such cases were rare as most death eater families were either killed during the war or the family wouldn't want anything to do with their imprisoned member.

He had probably called her one those cases.

And she was right.

Hermione's POV
I walked up to Kingsley's office and knocked
"Come in" said a voice from inside.
I stepped in .
"Ah, Hermione thank god you're here at last. Come on we best get going" he said.
He stood up and walked out with me following him.

"It's another death eater case , isn't it?"
I ask in a tired voice. He nodded and we walked into the court room. He sat on his high chair. From where I was sitting way below him, he looked quite intimidating with that stern face of his. I wonder why he made the chair so high.

Putting other thoughts aside, I look at the report on my desk:

Name : Lucius Malfoy
Crime: Death Eater, murderer
User of unforgivable Curses.
Family: wife -Narcissa Malfoy
Son - Draco Malfoy

I gulped as I read the report. Oh boy, this was gonna be one heck of a case.