Chapter 5: Getting to know the Commander

Rex:
When Ashoka told him to only call her Ashoka instead of sir, I was like okay cool a commander who sees their men as equal to the men they command. That's fantastic, someone who will take the loss of men just as serious. Sure general Skywalker is great and all but he is always more concerned about victory and less concerned about the lives of his men. I wasn't exactly fond of that part of the general.
But then Ashoka told me that she said that she talked to one of my brothers on the way here. Immediately my thoughts are great. Knowing my brothers it was probably something about her appearance. Once she stopped walking I took three more steps, reason one if what my brother said was inappropriate I had enough room to avoid getting hit. Second reason was to get a good look at her, to see what my brothers might have said. We may be clones soldiers bred for battle but we are men first. Men who live on cruisers with no women, most of my brothers don't get to talk to women very often so when they do their testosterone affects how their brain works, and accidentally say what they're thinking or act on such a such thoughts. I hopped that this was not one of those times. Her skin looked like a soft orangy red, with a few white markings on her face. The white markings brought my attention to her facial features, especially her eyes. They were my favorite color, blue the exact color of the 501st; a dark sky blue. Her lekku Match her eyes, and has white stripes throughout her lekku. The white on her lekku matched the white markings on her face. It might sound crazy but somehow he knew that she was witty, strong willed, had a big heart, kind, and loved a good fight. His kind of girl, unfortunately regulations prohibited him to act affectionately towards a commanding officer. He began looking below her shoulders, she didn't have big besets but they were big enough that the would fit nicely in his hands. I mentally scolded myself for that thought. I liked how her attire only covers the boobs, and showed how curvy she was. Then she had a mini skirt that barely covered her butt that had cuts up the side for mobility, he had checked that area pout earlier. And then she had white leggings and boots that when to her below her knees. She was small,dainty, but he could tell she wasn't overly muscular like officers like himself or even like regular clones. She had just the right amount of muscle and curves to her body and he really appreciated her appearance. After gathering his thoughts he carefully says "what did one of my vodes says?"
She gives him a confused look and asks "what's vodes?"
I smiles and says "vodes is mando for brothers"
"Ohhh.." Her lekku the blue stripes Turn a darker shade of blue and the white stripes look a little pinkish.
I made a mental note, to check out the tortuga species. If I was going to work with her i needed to understand a few things: like why her lekku changed colors.
She says "well you vode Scar said to find him when you get the chance." She begins walking again.
Once she is next to me and we begin walking around the camp.
For a while there was an awkward silence between them. She must have sensed it, yet again he could feel it. He never understood why he so much stronger, faster, or how he knew things were going to happen before they would actually happen. Or how some of his dreams become true. And this was another thing he didn't understand; is how i could sense her emotions.
After a while she says " how about a game of questions."
"Uhhh... Sure."
"Favorite color?" She asks as she searches my face
They stop walking and he answers "501st blue" i looked at her waiting for the next question. And then we lock eyes.
After a moment of deeply staring into each other's eyes she glanced away and says "it's your turn to ask a question"
"What is your favorite color?"
She smiles and says "burgundy, then blue, ok new rule you can't ask the same question that I ask"
He smirks and ask "what if I want to know the same thing?"
"Then for every question you or I ask we have to answer it in return."
"Ok.." He pauses and asks "how old are you?"
"19"
Physically I'm 21 but I'm actually 20"
"Really?"
" our growth exceleration isn't as fast as most people think"
"How long have you been fighting in the war?"
"A  little over a year"
"First time outside of the temple since I was brought to the temple"
"Why haven't you been outside the temple?"
"I've been to young, and there are Jedi hunters, and slavers" a worried expression appears on her face.
He puts on his serious face and uses his no emotion voice and says "no worries Ashoka, if they want to get to you they'll have to go through me and my blasters" he taps his  twin DC-17 blasters.
She smiles and her lekku change colors again and says "glad to know at least one person cares about me being around."
He tilts his head and asked "what do you mean by that?" Then they been walking again.
She looks at the ground and she says " it doesn't seem that master Skywalker wants me around. I think.. Well I'm worried that he'll send me back to the temple. We're I will wait until I am assigned to another Jedi."
"The general is worried that all he would be doing is saving a Padawan. That and he thinks that he his a bad example."
"I don't know why he would think that, he is supposed to be one of the strongest and most powerful Jedi."

A/n: please let me know what you think. I will update as often as I can.