My Great Realization

I flew down the stairs faster than a bullet could fly out of a gun. It was dark, but I astonishingly hit the ground perfectly. I turned up the light to dim on the wall before running over to the couch and pouncing on Orion, straddling him. His eyes shot open, looking to me to see what was wrong.

"Orion!" I shouted in a whisper, making sure he was awake. "Yes, Allie?" He asked, rubbing his eyes. "I know what you meant now! I know what you meant by 'I was answering your summons!' I know what happened!"

"Weren't you supposed to be sleeping, Allie?" Orion joked, with a little bit of scold in his voice. I nodded with a smile on my face. "I figured it all out, Orion. The night you and I first met? That day, I went into a pub in Blackford and ordered a small pitcher of hot chocolate. The waiter handed me your pitcher. I fell in love with it, and while the hot chocolate inside was, indeed, hot, the pitcher was really cold, so I held it close to my heart for comfort. It was just so cute and stuff I was loving all over it and rubbing it to try to make it warm and yeah. I summoned you! I rubbed the pitcher and summoned you!" I explained excitedly. He nodded, listening intently.

"See, and you didn't believe me. Ms. I-Didn't-Summon-Shit-Mister." he laughed, and I laughed too. It was just then that I realized I was laying on him, my face inches away from his. When we stopped laughing, our eyes met, and we were both locked in a trance again.

I felt like I could see the galaxy in those crystals of his, and it was something I couldn't look away from. Before I knew it, as he stroked my face with his hand, I was closing the space in between us, and our lips were getting closer together. He looked to the table and stopped, sitting up. "I think you should get back to bed."