Silence is where it's the Loudest

I made sure he was gone before grabbing my backpack and exiting my house through my window. I made it out just as Dean and a girl were entering the house, and I was thankful they didn't see me. I continued to walk, trying to calm down from my encounter with that guy. Not only was my adrenaline going, but I had way too many questions buzzing around in my head.

It was dark out, and getting mugged was starting to climb my list of things to worry about. I knew my destination wasn't far away, so I decided to hustle the rest of the way there. 

When I got to the dance studio, I unlocked the doors with my key, since it was closed. I hurried inside and locked the doors after me, so no one would be able to get in. I relaxed once I turned some of the lights on. Shrugging off my sweater and backpack, I had only a tank top and leggings on, which was perfect for dance practice.

I went through my routine, trying to add new things in the mix that I had already concocted, but it was too difficult to find anything that felt right. It felt like I had writer's block but for dancers, and nothing that I did felt good. I sat down, feeling frustrated and angry.

"I can't do this...it doesn't feel right..." I cried, laying my back on the freezing floor. It was December and I was in a tank top, so it was pretty damn cold.

The silence seemed to burn more insecurities in me. I felt them sear my arms, nip at my ears, and eat away at my brain. My heart shuddered at every word they spoke, cracking every time they told me that I wasn't good enough. I felt hopeless. A tear broke free from my struggles to hold it in and escaped down my cheek and into my hair.

"I thought it was beautiful." a husky voice hummed from the shadows, revealing itself to be, you guessed it, the weirdo from before. I jumped up, wiping my tears quickly and putting myself back together.

"Are you serious? When don't you know where I am?" I whined, flailing my arms in frustration. I combed a hand through my hair, fluffing it up at the back. "Sorry if I seem a little creepy, Allie."

"Oh, a little?" I scoffed sarcastically. Was this guy serious right now? The guy was about to say something, but my phone went off, interrupting him.

Dean: Get home right now.

I groaned, already knowing what he was going to have me do. I put my phone away and looked up at the guy. I stormed up to him angrily. When I was up and close to him, the top of my head barely touched his chin. I pointed a finger in his face, growling, "You better not follow me home, or I swear I'll break that sly smile of yours." He raised his eyebrows in surprise and his smile widened as he nodded his head slowly. I put my jacket on and slung my backpack around one arm, running out of the building. This was going to be one long night. As if it wasn't already.