Twenty Five : Realization

Start from the beginning

And now I realized that it was a mistake

But mother must still keep their contact or address somewhere. Maybe if I talk to them, they are willing to help me. After all, I am still their grandson.

Let's see...

***

Odette's P.O.V

I'm still in my room dreaming about what happened today. Like, did I really kiss Diego, that must be the craziest thing that have ever happened to me since middle school.

It was an accident, but still, I can't believe that really happened, it's not like that was my first kiss, but still, it was so warm and he was a great kisser...

No, why am I even thinking about it ? Odette, get over it, it was just a single kiss okay, and it was by accident.

Still, why is my heart beating so loudly right now whenever I remember that ?

But I still can't believe that he actually told me a lot of things about his family, and that made me understand him even better, and after all, he wasn't exactly the hot headed and cold hearted prince they call him at school.

But now I am scared, because if I keep on thinking about him, and actually like him, then I will feel guilty.

Because that means it's so easy for me to move on from that incident, that may have haunted me for the rest of my life.

However, deep down inside me, I know that I deserve better than regret. It was all in the past, sure, I may not be able to completely forget about him. I don't want to actually.

And if it was true, if he was being honest with me, then, does Diego like me as well ?

I hear a knock from my door and the door opens before I could answer. It's my sister and she is calling me down to dinner.

"Dinner is ready, and OD, you better turn down that music for once, so you will know when mom is calling you over and over from downstairs"

Yeah, I've been turning on my music. And this time it's a song by Mindy Gledhill called 'Anchor' which I really love.

"Yeah, I'll turn it off in a second"

But honsetly, I don't feel really hungry, I grabbed some fruit salad in the fridge earlier, our family don't usually skip dinner but I'm sure my parents would understand.

"Well, suit yourself" she says as she closes the door.

I hear my phone vibrate from the bedside table and when I pick it up, I receive a message from Tobias.

Right, I almost forgot about him actually.

"Hey, Odette, I want to apologize for earlier, do you mind me taking you out on a date this weekend ?"

I look at the text and roll my eyes. I don't know why but I'm starting to think Tobias is slightly possessive in an annoying way, and I get it, he is a charming guy and he is really nice, but he actually forced me to do a lot of things I don't feel comfortable with, like earlier at school.

But then again, he has done a lot of good stuff for me and I can't possibly hate him, so with a long sigh, I begin typing a reply.

"Okay" that is a short reply, but it's better than 'K'

"Well, goodnight then, and please don't be mad with me, okay ?"

"Yeah, goodnight too"

I put my phone on the side, and sigh. Well, I wonder what could probably happen tomorrow ?

***

I arrive at school and like always, the kids are staring, perhaps it's because of yesterday, but honestly, I don't really care anymore, I take it as if they are just impressed with me.

Where does that confident girl come from ? I like it !

And just then, when I'm walking in the hallway, I see Diego and Maya again, I recall what Mikhaela said about them, and now I don't really misunderstand thing that weren't my business in the first place anymore and beside, they are only talking and Maya doesn't look so happy. I wonder what they are talking about...

Soon enough, Maya pushes him and she walks toward my way, and she gives me a really stern glare, as if she's ready to kill me, and she pushes her shoulder at me intentionally as if she's trying to make me fall, but then again, I shake it off and walk toward Diego.

"Why is she acting like that ?" I ask him and he sigh.

"I cut things off with her, now she can't threaten me anymore"

"But how ?" I ask him with confusion, and he smiles.

"It doesn't matter anymore, but I have to tell you something"

"What is it ?" I look at him in the eyes, and the he begins to speak.

"Odette, I-"

"Odette !" I hear Someone calling my name from behind and I see Tobias approaching me.

"Hey Odette, are you ready for our date tomorrow ?" He speaks all of a sudden.

"Yeah, give me a second" I turn my face back to Diego who is now having a flat expression on his face.

"So, what do you want to say ?"

He has a cold expression on, then he stare at me and reply shortly

"never mind" and just like that, he walks away.

What was that ?

Gosh, I cannot understand that guy