"Gods, Jaz, what the hell happened? You're leaving me in suspense here."

Before she could say anything, there was a knock at the door. Jasmine stumbled over to it herself, holding up her hand to refused Ray's help. After a moment of trying to collect herself, she swung it open. Standing at the entrance was Wendy. She gave Jasmine a look over then said, "Nice pyjamas."

"Thanks," Jasmine replied as Wendy waltz by her and into her room. "Good morning to you too," she murmured, closing the door.

"It's not morning," said Wendy. "It's one in the afternoon. But whatever."

One in the afternoon? Jasmine could have sworn she went to bed early last night. Why did she wake up so late?

"Who's your friend?" Wendy asked. She stood in the centre of the room, hands on her hips, looking at Ray with curiousity. She was in a pair of shorts and a V neck shirt she knotted at the back. Her hair was up in a high ponytail, blond strands spilling over her shoulders.

"Wendy, this is Ray. Ray, this is Wendy," Jasmine introduced.

"Hello, Wendy," Ray greeted. His held up his hand up, trying to be friendly, Jasmine could tell, but Wendy didn't look as if she was having any of it. She harrumphed, dismissing Ray and turned to face Jasmine.

"You need to come down to the kitchen. There's someone you need to meet."

Jasmine tried not to laugh at Ray's face in the back. She felt stronger now, so she made her way over to the closet as she asked, "Who is it?"

"You'll see when you come down," Wendy said. She looked annoyed, as if she didn't want to be here at all, much less answering any of Jasmine's questions. Jasmine saw that as clear as day. Still, she couldn't stop herself from asking, "Did Trinka send you to get me?"

"Trinka has more important things to do than come up here for you all the time," Wendy replied with more annoyance in her voice than Jasmine expected. "And I have more important things to do than escort you, so hurry it up. We'll be waiting downstairs."

Without waiting for a response, Wendy twirled on her heels and marched out the door. The scent of expensive perfume and blood lingered in her wake, as well as a few seconds of silence before Ray broke it with a loud, annoyed scoff. His eyes were wide with disbelief, boring into the closed door before shifting to Jasmine, incredulous. "Is she always that rude?"

"Watch it," Jasmine warned. "She's a vampire. She can probably hear you right now."

"I don't care if she can hear me. She needs to know that she's a bitch!"

Jasmine chuckled. Ray hated being ignored. Being the middle child of a father who was a renowned priest and doctor, and a mother who spent all her time either locked up in her room working on her new novel, or shopping online, Ray wasn't used to getting much attention. Which was why he craved it even more in any other social situation he was in. Jasmine didn't mind it. He was her only close friend, she didn't have anyone else to share her attention with. But she knew how annoying it could be for others.

Jasmine also knew that trying to calm him down when he got like this was useless. So, she let him rage, while she went further into the closet to find the outfit she would wear for the day. As soon as Ray followed her inside, his jaw dropped and his anger floated away.

"Oh, my gods ..." he gasped, awed.

A smile itched at Jasmine's lips. "I know, right?"