Suit & Tie

"Shoot!"

"Come on Kookie! Shoot!" Shouts rang out across the empty shipyard docks.

Jimin kicked the ball, splashing up puddles of water. Jungkook's waiting feet deflected the ball and kicked it past Jimin, scoring the winning goal of their one-on-one soccer match.

"Woo!" Jungkook ran in circles around the docks, splashing up water beneath his boot-clad feet. "I win! You owe me food," the younger ran behind Jimin and jumped onto his shoulders. Their laughs rang in Izzy's ears, her own quiet laughter adding to the mix of voices.

The group sat around the ship yard eating and laughing loudly. Jimin and Jungkook collapsed beside Yoongi, breathing hard. Izzy sucked in a breath and took a look around. She sat in the middle of their group, in awe of the smiling faces that invaded her vision. These boys were a mystery to her. How is it that they accepted her so quickly? Not even two hours had passed and yet it felt as if she had known them all her life. Izzy didn't know what to make of this new friendship. She didn't even know if it could be classified as a friendship. She let out a sigh. For the first time in months the weight on her chest had been lifted. Izzy could definitely get used to having them around.

But it can't last can it?

"Guys," Yoongi called to the group. "Look," he pointed to the sun that was now sinking below the horizon, casting a golden glow across the water.

"Oh damn, it's sunset," Hoseok spoke. "We've gotta go."

The guys began to get up from their seats. Izzy didn't want to go back to Cassie's crappy apartment and have Jae stare at her with those drugged eyes again. Why did they have to leave so early? It's not like they would turn to sea foam when the sun goes down. Izzy continued to sit, eyes piercing the ground, face pouting.

"Hey, why the face?" Hoseok crouched in front of Izzy, turning his head practically upside down to get a better look at her.

Izzy immediately straightened her expression. She didn't want them to think that she was being clingy or something. As much as she wanted to be their friend she also didn't know where the boundary line was drawn. And to be frank, she wasn't sure how to make friends.

"Oh uh, nothing, I just don't really want to go home I guess," Izzy mumbled, barely loud enough to hear.

It was true. 'Home' now meant a crappy apartment with a noisy friend and her sleazy boyfriend with the wandering eyes. And she didn't want to go back to it.

"Well you could come with us," Jimin was quick to come to her rescue.

The other guys sent glares at him while Izzy looked up at him with wide eyes. "Really? You guys wouldn't mind that?" At the sound of her quiet, desperate tone the boys turned their eyes to Izzy, expressions now soft.

"Well, we have to go somewhere soon," Yoongi came forward, taking Izzy's hands and pulling her to her feet. "But we have to drop by our apartment first, so you can come with us," he offered her a soft smile, one that she gladly returned.

"Okay," Izzy's voice had found a bit of strength again.

Standing up had made her a bit lightheaded and she swayed on her feet. Her anxious fingers found the bend of her elbow and began to scratch at the leather sleeve of her jacket. That is until a heavy arm landed across her shoulders.

"You're walking with me this time. I'm not gonna let Taehyung keep you to himself." Jimin's adorable smile filled Izzy's vision. She noticed how his eyes crinkled when he smiled, she noticed just how genuinely happy he looked. And she admired the sight, even though she was envious of it.