A New Fairy Tail Member - Chapter 7 - We Are Right Here

Chapter 7 - We Are Right Here

When I woke up, I saw a ceiling that was different then before. With curiosity, I looked to left and found Erza, Gray, Natsu, Happy, and Lucy right next to me. "Are you awake?", Erza said with a smile. I reacted with surprise. I didn't know what happened. All I remember was my body surrounded with light and Erza restating what I said to her. After that, I blacked out. 

"What happened to me?", I asked as I looked at Erza. "You unleashed a great amount of power that you fainted," she replied. "Are you feeling better?" I nodded, "Yes." She smiled, "Great." I looked around, "Where are we?". "We are inside your Uncle's house," Lucy said with a smile. "He was very kind to let us stay here." "Oh," I replied with little smile.

Suddenly, I started to fall asleep, but I woke myself back up. "You should really get some rest," Happy said as he jumped on the bed. "But, I really don't want to cause any trouble for you guys. I really owe you a lot," I said as everyone looked at me. "It's okay," Lucy said with a smile as I reacted with surprise. "We owe you a lot too!", Natsu said with his thumb up. "We don't mind at all! You really saved us!", Gray said with a nod. "You deserve it!", Erza said with a smile as I smiled too. "We'll go back to Magnolia once you recover. In the meantime, go ahead and rest." "Thank you, everyone," I said with a smile as I went back to sleep.

 A couple hours later, night came. I slowly woke up and found everyone fast asleep. I got up from the bed and quietly tiptoed outside. When I was at the door, I looked at everyone sleeping peacefully, smiled, and walked outside, closing the door. When I closed the door, Gray heard it close and woke up. Once he woke up, he found out that I went outside.

While I was outside, I found stars in the sky. "Bright like the stars," I said quietly as I looked at my Mother's crystal necklace around my neck and thought about her. 

As I was thinking about her, an image came into my mind. My mother, singing the same lullaby everytime I couldn't fall asleep on my bed. 

"Mommy! Mommy! Sing the lullaby!"

"Why sweetie?"

"It's pretty when you sing it!"

"Alright."

Clouds in the sky, move slowly.

Birds fly, gracefully.

Your smile, lights up the universe. 

You will never be alone.

Take a breath, smell the fresh air.

The air, blowing through your hair.

You will always be mine.

Beauty, grace, love, compassion

Care, trust, bravery, your actions

Never forget that you will always be

My little, Mimi.

Mimi was the nickname my Mother and Father gave me. I never forgot that song. Everytime she sang it, I would sleep peacefully. I closed my eyes as I tried to remember the melody and started to sing.

While I was singing, Gray walked behind me and stopped as he listened to me sing. 

When I finished he said, "You have a nice voice." I reacted with surprise as I turned around and found Gray. I turned back and blushed without saying a word. "I didn't know you can sing," Gray said as he sat next to me. "Uh..yeah. I sing. On my desk, I secretly keep songs that I wrote in a box," after I replied, I realized that I told him that I write songs too. Gray gave an evil smile like he was going to go to my house and check. "Never mind about what I just said!", I snapped. "Don't worry. I'm not going to do what you thought I was going to do," Gray said with a smirk. Then, he looked to side," Or will I?". I shrieked with fear. 

"Anyways, why are you awake?", I asked. "I heard the door close," Gray replied. "Oh. I'm sorry if I woke you up," I replied. "It's alright." 

"Are you feeling better?", Gray asked. "Yeah. I really needed some rest," I replied. "Great." 

"Oh. Um. That song you sang earlier. Where did you get the song from?", Gray asked. "My Mother sang it when I was little. Whenever I couldn't fall asleep. Whenever I could fall asleep. I would ask my mother to sing the lullaby to me all the time. I remembered her song ever since," I replied with a smile. Gray smiled back. After I replied, I looked at the stars. "If only I can see her again," I said softly with a sigh.

"We're all very sorry about your parents," Gray said as he looked at me when I looked down and started to shake. "My Mother and my Father were the best parents you could ever ask for. The love you and they protect you. They were always so passionate about magic that they wished for me to be passionate too. They taught me basic tricks on how to use magic. The first battle I had was against my neighbor. Happily, I won. That was the first time I wanted to become a wizard. Without their help, the door to wizardry wouldn't have opened for me," I said with a small smile. "Melanie..", Gray said as he looked at me.

"Now that they're gone," my voice started to shake as I started to cry. "What can I do now? I don't have anyone to protect me. I-I-I'm scared." Gray looked at me as he closed his eyes and placed his hand on my shoulder. I reacted with surprise as I looked at Gray with tears in my eyes. "You have us, don't you?", Gray said. My eyes opened. "Lucy, Natsu, Erza, Happy. We are here for you! Everyone else too! We ARE your family! YOU are not alone!". Gray started to grab onto my arm, tightly. "The same thing happened to me." Gray looked down and started to cry. "I lost my parents when a powerful monster, called Deliora, destroyed the village I lived in. I didn't know what to do either. But, I found friends. People I can call family. My teacher, Ul. My friend, Lyon. Fairy Tail. You." I reacted with surprise. He looked at me straight in the eye. "Melanie. You are not alone." He placed his fist on his chest where his Fairy Tail stamp was. "You are a member of Fairy Tail. A member of a guild. A member of a family. We are right here," he gave an assuring smile which made me smile and close my eyes.

"You're right. I don't what know what I've been thinking. Up until now, you have definitely done a lot for me. I'm..really thankful," I said as I looked at Gray. I got up and said, "Thank you, Gray," with a smile. "I never thought you would say something like this to me." "Heh. No problem," he said while scratching his head. 

Morning came to Joule, as we said our goodbyes to my Uncle and the family we helped. "Thank you so much for your help!", the mother yelled. "Thank you so much!", the father yelled. "Goodbye everyone! Take care, Melanie!", Uncle yelled. "Bye! Take care as well!", I said with a smile as we all walked away.

When we arrived at Fairy Tail, Natsu yelled, "We're home!". Everyone inside the building cheered, "They're back!". "Levy!" "Lucy!". I walked to Mirajane and Master. "Welcome back," Master said. "Thank you," I replied with a smile. "So, how was it?", Mirajane asked. "It was great. I got the reward for 400,000 jewels," I said as I brought the huge sack of jewels on he bar counter. Mirajane and Master looked at with surprise. "You should probably take it down now," Mirajane said. "It's breaking the counter." "Oh! Sorry," I sweatdropped.

I took the bag down as I heard a voice that yelled "Melanie!". I turned around and found Gray walking to me. "Are you okay?", he asked. "I'm fine," I replied. "Thank you for talking to me. Your words really helped me realize what I haven't been seeing. Thank you." "No problem," he replied with a smile as he walked away and got tackled by Juvia. "Gray! Gray! Gray! You're back! ♥", Juvia said with hearts in her eyes. "J-Juvia?!". "Gray!"

I sweatdropped. Mirajane was in the background and overheard our conversation. "Did something happen between you two while you were away?", she asked out of curiosity. I looked at her with surprise while blushing, "N-NO! Nothing happened!!". "Oh, really?", she stayed sweet, but I knew that she really wanted to know what happened because she started to lean closer to me. "NOTHING HAPPENED!".

"What?! Something happened between you and Gray?!", Juvia overheard. Juvia, the person I most likely don't want to have a fight with because of Gray. "Melanie! What happened?", Juvia said as she rushed up to me. "Nothing happened." "Are you sure?". Juvia started to get really close to me, making my body lean against a pillar. "You're bluffing. Juvia can tell." I started to sweat from the nervousness I was feeling. Oh. What a great welcome right?