Chapter 31 *Unavoidable Past*

Who would  have thought the year will come to a close so soon. Elsa certainly hadn't.

It had been unexpected, the way time passed by. Fast, mindless of those who couldn't keep up. Surprisingly, it had felt rather enjoyable for the  platinum blonde. She  had finally had the opportunity to make friends and clear up misunderstandings with her sister. And, she'd met the ever  so brave heroes that were her friends.

She'd met him too. Whom she felt utterly embarrassed to admit having the  slightest of feelings for. Really, she had  not a single hint of how to call what she felt. That searing feeling at the pit  of her stomach whenever she looked at him. The way his  eyes stared back at her, so very hypnotizing, it dizzied her. He had been her friend when she had none. When she was bitter and cold, irrevocably afraid of living.

But he had changed her. How, she didn't know. She wished she did, to thank him at least. Yet she was knowing of the fact that if she ever did it wouldn't be enough. It simply wouldn't.

He'd make her see a different side of life. The most enjoyable and  pleasurable side of life. In which she'd laughed like never before, smiled like never before, and loved like never before.

Love. There it was that word again. Something she knew nothing about really, other  than the innocent love you have  for your family and friends. This love. It ate her up, consumed her. If frightened her.

"I think I want to puke," the girl muttered placing a hand over  her stomach.

"Was it too sweet?"

"Hm?" Elsa turned to Jack, who pointed at her empty plate with his spoon.

"The ice cream. Chocolate Fudge Brownie, I thought it was your favorite," he said, glancing down at his plate and pouting lightly. "But really, Els, who eats ice cream in the middle of winter?"

"What, it's the best thing in the world! You can't not love it," she chuckled.

"Then why do you feel like vomiting?" He insisted, turning to face her, cross legged.

"Ugh, I just said it because... it was the first thing that came to my mind, okay?! Do I always have to explain myself?" Elsa said, feeling aggravated.

"Alright, I was just asking a question," he mumbled, a little hurt. Never had he really told her, but it was  difficult having a girl as a best friend. He often couldn't tell her things that he would normally tell a best friend– a reason why he felt so relieved for having Chat. And, he sometimes couldn't understand her. One day she'd normally talk to him, and  others she'd simply avoid making conversation and  answering his questions.

"Look," she started, placing the  plate aside to face him as well, digging her head in her hands. "I'm sorry. I've just had so many things in my mind lately, and... I don't know, I'm confused, and I don't want to annoy you so I thought it'd be better to stop talking about it. I know I was rude and–"

"Elsa," he said softly, making her look at him. "Please, don't think you're a burden to me. You really aren't. So, go ahead," he bobbed his head with a smile. "Tell me what is  flustering Mon Amie so much."

She weighed her options. Really, it didn't seem smart to her to talk to him about her troubles. More if it concerned a guy. Even more if that guy was part of the savior team of Paris. What if Jack asked about him, he surely wouldn't stop until he got  Frost's name out of her. And she could simply not tell him that Frostbite, the superhero Frostbite, had been able to melt her  hear.

So, instead she said, "I was thinking about tomorrow, you know? I wondered if it will be worth going."

"Well, we know who's parents won't make it," Jack said, unaffected, referring to Career Day,  the day in which the students of College François  DuPont invited their parents to school to commemorate their career experience.