Chapter 30 *Impossibly Closer*

~Marinette's P.O.V~

"Doesn't time fly, Tikki?" I murmured, glancing at the calendar that I held above my face. My back to my bed, my eyes facing the ceiling.

"It sure does," replied Tikki who equally lay next to me.

Most days on the paper had been marked off by a thin stripe of ink, only three remaining.

I flopped on my belly with a groan. I sure had gotten lazy this winter's break. But who could blame me, really. I could not remember a day in which I had time to stare into nothingness and make breathing my priority.

My muscles ached. Hawkmoth hadn't stopped his useless attempts into winning our miraculouses. And I would have thought he had actually gotten stronger if it weren't for the fact that he suddenly ceased to attack us. Just like that, it'd been two days since the last akuma attack occurred. Surprising us, yet again, as those had become regular.

I sighed, staring at the remaining days. I realized just now how much I had actually accomplished this past year. From my alter ego to my regular civilian self, I had sure gotten some hidden energy from God knows where.

Although perhaps I knew.

That silly kitty.

If it hadn't been for him, really, I would have never been able to do this job. I truly needed him.

Looking back, I hadn't just accomplished things as Ladybug, but also as Marinette. I was able to successfully design and redesign those Halloween dresses. I made new friends- both as Marinette and Ladybug- who've become of such great importance in my life. I finally had the chance to meet Master Fu. Not to mention I did it as Marinette. And I aced all of my subjets, whoop whoop for me! I--

You kissed Adrien.

My eyes rounded at the treacherous thought that had just found itself into my mind. I straightened myself up quickly, slapping my hand over my mouth.

"What is it Mari?" Asked a very curious Tikki.

"I kissed Adrien," I mumbled softly, barely audible.

"Um, yeah you did," Tikki said as if to reaffirm what I had just said.

Suddenly, I realized how I hadn't actually seen Adrien ever since he questioned me about my outing with Kim. I rose my eyes to the window, it's pit-a-pat forever resonating in my ears.

Rain had long fallen over Paris. The authorities, and by that I mean André Bourgeois, have recommended people to stay at home these past days until the raging storm decided to end.

It'd been two days and it had yet to cease. I hadd been able to contact most of my friends. Alya was doing alright, as well as Nino. And Jack and Elsa often video called me during the day (we had all indulged in the pleasure of procrastination and had actually found it pretty boring). But not once had I heard from Adrien.

"Do you think he is okay?" I asked out loud, knowing Tikki would understand my troubles.

"You know I'm always sincere when it comes to him Mari." Her stern voice caused me to look at her worriedly. "I don't think so."

A numbing blurr overtook me, making me loose my balance suddenly. My back hit the cold wall as I stared at Tikki with wide eyes.

"I don't think anyone is, for that matter."

Her tone was hushes as her eyes reflected the pouring rain that washed away the city's color, leaving a soaked trail of crystals- like tears behind.

A creaking sound caused me to look at the door, Papa appearing from below. I hurriedly turned to find Tikki gone.

"I just thought I'd come and check on you, it's not very normal for you to be this quiet," Papa chucked. "Perhaps the weather is making My Little Bun feel down?"